Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have you seen the 2p2 thread?

I think one guy had been waiting since April

2p2 threads are a nightmare to read lol.

But I have actually been waiting for a couple of months at least - they hid my money from me without notifying me so I had to get the run around from support for weeks before I could access my money to request an withdrawal. Then they requested all the usual paperwork and due to horrible communication from them ended up denying my first request.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2p2 threads are a nightmare to read lol.

But I have actually been waiting for a couple of months at least - they hid my money from me without notifying me so I had to get the run around from support for weeks before I could access my money to request an withdrawal. Then they requested all the usual paperwork and due to horrible communication from them ended up denying my first request.

agreed this one is 50 odd pages and counting haha but cardirver spotted it :)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO, Eric Holder and the DOJ are one of the biggest reasons to get rid of Obama. Not only did Black Friday and the resulting fallout suck, but rather than fighting real crime they persist in pursuing victimless crimes. Holder's excuse that he is just enforcing existing laws is lame since he doesn't enforce the DOMA and selectively enforces other laws.

Too bad Full Tilt and Stars weren't on Holder's buddy list: DOJ easy on companies Quote: Defending the department’s approach a spokeswoman said deferred prosecution agreements require that corporations pay penalties and restitution, correct criminal conduct and “achieve these results without causing the loss of jobs, the loss of pensions and other significant negative consequences to innocent parties who played no role in the criminal conduct, were unaware of it or were unable to prevent it.”

The DOJ continues to insist that state's medical marijuana laws do not exempt them from the archiac federal drug laws that put marijuana on Schedule I (which categorizes marijuana with the worst drugs which have no medicinal value, are the most addicitve and the most likely to be abused, despite numerous studies to the contrary).

Guns to drug cartels then obstructing investigation after agent Brian Terry was killed.

Opposing a motion by Terry's family to have him qualified as a crime victim.

DOJ didn't do it's job protecting our borders yet is suing states for trying to curb illegal immigration and the horrible effect it is having on their states.

Fining Goggle for taking Canadian pharmacy ads.

Politics of raid on Gibson guitars, not raiding other guitar manufacturers using the exact same wood.

plz don't politard up this thread

MidyMat

MidyMat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DOJ took my Low-stakes Razz away and Gibson said my guitar is on back order (thanks feds!).

If the DOJ goes after a Beer company. I going to f*ckin lose it, because I will not have anything left.:(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This just in ,'The DOJ raids Anheuser-Busch ' ."
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your pissed about not being able to play razz you need some meds ASAP.

MidyMat

MidyMat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your pissed about not being able to play razz you need some meds ASAP.
I think maybe all the Meds is what caused me to like Razz....:laugh:lol.....
The DOJ says my Meds are illegal anyways.:bandit:

Arcelas

Arcelas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
remember the line from Fight Club?
"Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... **** with us."

E

Eddie Leeway

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a possibility????

I'm going to Europe at the end of October for a 3-week tour....if I was able to get a friend to let me use his euro-address and download/register on one or more sites(with his IPS) would I be able to come home and play on my computer/IPS?

Just asking, and trying to find a way to outplay DOJ

MidyMat

MidyMat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just asking, and trying to find a way to outplay DOJ

If you try that you might get a knock on the door by the FBI.
Then you can tell us how the poker is in Federal prison.

Remember " DON"T DROP THE ACE!!! "

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I was able to get a friend to let me use his euro-address and download/register on one or more sites(with his IPS) would I be able to come home and play on my computer/IPS?

you wouldn't be able to log in from the US/any other country where its forbidden

Mentor

Mentor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being that I originally posted the article here, I should say a few things. After some research into the subject, I would be surprised if Merge held funds in accounts that could be directly linked to US deposits; they don't process e-checks or anything similar.

This means (as the story suggests) that the DOJ is hypothetically targeting its processors. And considering they are batch processing check payouts a la bodog, there shouldn't be nearly enough money in processor accounts to make this as dangerous as sensationalists want to assert.

The real tragedy here is that this is driving / will drive the value of Merge funds down considerably in the trading market.

ferratus

ferratus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plz don't politard up this thread

Ok let me get this straight....... If the DOJ is being run by the aforementioned people then how is it being political to say they are at fault.. I do not give 2 shits who the hell is in charge but if they are the ones to blame then the blame rests with them.. all politics aside... STOP MESSING WITH US online poker PLAYERS ALREADY .... Seriously.. if you keep these people where they are at then you have NO RIGHT to bitch and moan....... I on the other end will vote or at least cast my vote to remove them... Garbage in Garbage out.. but I will not sit back and try to say it is because of politics ......

So I send back the friendly ball to you sir and say ... its not about politics.. its about who you are voting for and you see what like to do ...

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great, i just scratched out $16 bucks on Carbon to have fun with

the DOJ can kiss my ____!!!

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok let me get this straight....... If the DOJ is being run by the aforementioned people then how is it being political to say they are at fault.. I do not give 2 shits who the hell is in charge but if they are the ones to blame then the blame rests with them.. all politics aside... STOP MESSING WITH US ONLINE POKER PLAYERS ALREADY .... Seriously.. if you keep these people where they are at then you have NO RIGHT to bitch and moan....... I on the other end will vote or at least cast my vote to remove them... Garbage in Garbage out.. but I will not sit back and try to say it is because of politics ......

So I send back the friendly ball to you sir and say ... its not about politics.. its about who you are voting for and you see what like to do ...

yea just plz refrain from posting a ton of info/links about stuff like DOJ vs. drug cartels, illegal immigration, etc.

we understand you're upset but you're opening the flood gates for a political poo-flinging contest in a thread that's clearly focused on DOJ vs. merge.

best not to open threads with a concrete focus (such as this one) and start venting your frustrations (plenty of space to do that in the black friday megathread)

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought that all of the remaining poker sites already had their backsides covered after Black Friday, because they were operating overseas. You guys are just getting paranoid. :canabis: :smokin: :dancing2: :drunken_s: :shot:

Last edited:
ferratus

ferratus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea just plz refrain from posting a ton of info/links about stuff like DOJ vs. drug cartels, illegal immigration, etc.

we understand you're upset but you're opening the flood gates for a political poo-flinging contest in a thread that's clearly focused on DOJ vs. merge.

best not to open threads with a concrete focus (such as this one) and start venting your frustrations (plenty of space to do that in the black friday megathread)

No links here sir... but I do believe it is worth mentioning there is a lot more out there that should be tended to first before taking on this ....... done with that horse......

and I hope I am just being paranoid... Its ingrained in me to be honest. I do not trust the government for one........ as all should be skeptical. However, trying to get my feet wet by making a 100 dollar deposit on Full Tilt only to have it seized within a week of making said deposit leaves a bad taste...... I understand that its not thousands of dollars but I am trying to learn and get my playing in since I work non stop and everytime I turn around it seems like the FBI is doing their little dance.......

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doesnt matter whether its $100, or $10k, it's our money, we worked hard for it, we dont need the FBI getting involved in something so trivial as online poker. Im not even in the US and I still got f**ked over.

ferratus

ferratus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+ 1 Besides doesnt the government get enough of my damn money through taxes and various other means.

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No links here sir... but I do believe it is worth mentioning there is a lot more out there that should be tended to first before taking on this ....... done with that horse......

and I hope I am just being paranoid... Its ingrained in me to be honest. I do not trust the government for one........ as all should be skeptical. However, trying to get my feet wet by making a 100 dollar deposit on Full Tilt only to have it seized within a week of making said deposit leaves a bad taste...... I understand that its not thousands of dollars but I am trying to learn and get my playing in since I work non stop and everytime I turn around it seems like the FBI is doing their little dance.......
You're blaming the wrong president. Obama didn't sign the UIGEA into law. If fact, I've never heard of him having any opinion on poker one way or the other.

I just hope I can keep playing the free rolls on Carbon.

ferratus

ferratus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought we were done with that horse.. ( I dont care who signed it that point is not valid, as there is nothing I can do about that .... i can not go back in time and vote that guy out of office... What I can do is vote against anyone who supports this from now on.... ( DEAD HORSE ) I have spoke my part about the government and their bs ...........MOVING ON..
If Merge goes down what does that leave ?? everleaf ?? Cake ?? Betonline ?? ...

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say that if Merge does go down, that will be pretty much the final straw for online poker in the US.

E

Eddie Leeway

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, damn, damn

I tried setting up a Carbon account, and they're not accepting US players, and I think the same is happening to Feltstars because when I try to log on it says "due to security reasons this account has been suspended.

I don't know if it's because I tried logging on with my ID several times before I was told to use my email address, or because of the same reason with Carbon...

damn....damn,damn

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will google for a link, but did read a summary somewhere, it is business as usual for Carbon and that The Baltimore US Attorney’s Office is not going after Merge at this time.
The will resume taking US players any day now, lol they have been saying that for weeks.

Edit: Found the link:
http://www.gambling911.com/poker/no-active-investigation-merge-poker-network-baltimore-090811.html

A few in comments bashed the author of this wondering his source, but if you google it, there are other articles saying the same thing.

Last edited: