Stu Unger

dventura2350

dventura2350

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider him top 5 dead or alive. I used to watch youtube vids on him just schooling folks on the felt. He was absolutely the greatest of his time.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stu is a legend but it was different time and game is incomparable with a modern game

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stu is a legend but it was different time and game is incomparable with a modern game
I don't feel the game itself has changed that much. What has changed are the massive fields as the wsop and other poker events, which includes many amateurs who make many crazy calls and at times end up winning the tournaments. Also, many win free entries into these tournaments so there is no financial pressure on them. Back in the day, a $10,000 entry into the WSOP ME meant something. Today it's not that big a deal to many. IMO they should increase the entry fee to $50,000 to limit the amateurs playing the WSOP main event tournaments. When Moneymaker won the WSOP ME he was catching cards and got lucky, especially when he knocked out Phil Ivey on the river. Yes luck is a part of it, but if luck wasn't, how come he hasn't done well in the Main Event since? There is also Jerry Yang, Jamie Gold, Scott Blumstein, etc., who won and then haven't done much since. For these guys it was like winning the lottery. JMHO.