Stu Ungar vs Daniel Negreanu

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like them style, I mean boath,but between them daniel .....

Caracazz

Caracazz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no comparision. Stu Ungar only won tournaments with less than 400 players. Negreanu has achivied great positions in tournaments with over than 6k players.

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stuey ! There is just something about the guy , he was just on another level . Daniel is a fantastic player , but I think Stu would have the edge with his uncanny ability to even read the best of the best .

W

walleye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game Daniel. Stu was all raise and re-raise. In the days before pocket card cameras this was a mystery.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course Stu Anger was legend he got more skilled than Negreanu and Ivey togeder but he ruined his life and in the and he end like a losser.

SerbiaGrinding

SerbiaGrinding

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel by far. Stu is a loser imo.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is the best.

W

WaxDabMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game has evolved, the statisticians and theorists have take the game to a new level through a scientific approach. Glaring holes in one players game was offset by other players gaping holes in their games. Now those holes can not just be seen but measured. It is being found that the Negreanus and Hellmuths can't keep up and won't with old school ways and outlooks. "Rigidity begins the downfall" Stu was a whiz, a multigame pro. I think he wins this one, but I think in the bigger picture of things, we really need to get a grip for the whole scope of poker players out there today.

J

julianocwb10

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both play a lot more quality game and and knowledge of Daniel Negreanu has no equal today !

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel negreanu is the best , he is over stu

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gotta give the win to Daniel! Being the complete poker player on all fronts is what made this, it was a very very close decision tho. Stu was just a phenominal poker player and nothing can take that away from him.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
it s all the time daniel and daniel. Those days stu was big, cos no one was playing that style of games . but now you will find stu in every small mtt even in online. so many players who can eat stu alive now . so ya daniel is the best and always better one

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its impossible to judge them against each other, since they played in different poker eras.

Stu was a great reader and player, and won 3 main events - something that will NEVER happen again. However, he was a compulsive gambler, something that may have hurt him when he tried to adjust play due to Moneymaker Effect (all the super aggressive play styles). Hard to say since he has left us.

Daniel is a fantastic player, great reads and great tournament skills, also he has a knack of killer players with kindness, something that is actually hard to do and make it look genuine. I have dealt to him several times and have seen just what kind of sick reads he can make first hand.

I put both in the top 10 for all time tourney players, which is about the best you can rank players these days (except Helmuth who gets a top 5 ranking)

Ending conclusion - you cant place one above the other, two different players, two different times. If Stu was still here it would be a different debate maybe...maybe Stu gets a top 5 draw, and maybe Helmuth doesnt win so many titles.

B

Ben Byrne

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult to compare and it's very close!

Remembering that Daniel still has many years left, I will say STU now but Daniel in the next few years to surpass him.

daco111

daco111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stu bcs of his insane reading skill.

Lubzhen

Lubzhen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu recently more social media writes, not poker playing.

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion no doubt Daniel Negreanu

i7ohomapeb

i7ohomapeb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how can you compare people of different age?
earlier and had another poker and times.
This is the same as to ask who is stronger than Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
daniel ,he can read your hand ,one of the best player...