Strategy

F

FloptheRags

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When not to play AA? That is the question. I was in a limit holdem freeroll last night. Down to about 100 people from 1000 and I catch AA. Im a weaker stack with blinds at 400/800 so i raise to 1600 to push any chasers out. To my avail a loose player calls my raise with 10 6 D and flops a flush. I bet and he proceeds to raise me. At this point I am pot committed and I end up going all in for my tournament life. I felt I played a solid tourney until that hand and cant understand what went wrong. So I ask the question: When to fold AA?

M

MFaith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's limit hold'em for you, where draws are more profitable due to the limits on raising. I might fold A-A here if I was close to the money bubble; if not I think I would have comitted myself like you did and hope for the best.

davejs1671@yahoo.com

davejs1671@yahoo.com

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did all you can do. When playing limit you have to expect some loose calls and to loose some hands. You just can't prevent those calls and you really don't want to. It's those few times that idiot actually wins that keeps him playing bad and in the long run that type play is how we all win money.