Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same

One

Two

This hand caught my attention in a recen game on poker stars,

Both my hands where A 10 off suit, vice versa on both tables.

Strange the flop was nearly the same, apart from the 4 was swapped around and the same suit was hearts and not spades.

anyone else seen anything like this?

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I would say it isn't very common, but I know I have seen it before when playing multiple tables. Kind of messes with your head a little bit while still in the hand.

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took me a bit to comprehend your screen shot but yes I've had this happen and it is definitely odd when it does.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen this happen before.
Not to often but I have seen it.
Kinda one of them things that are really rare but they do happen.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh and that player RUSGUARD, his aviator was enough to put me on tilt lol

I hope that wasn't him when he was younger lol

TheRinser

TheRinser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive seen it happen to me.. KK on two tables and flops were same apart from the suits. My bro is a computer geek and he says he worked with random programs(ie dealing cards randomly) before and said they cant be random because they have to start at a point. usually a date...or something. Any one else heard this before? or is it ur voodoo?

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive seen it happen to me.. KK on two tables and flops were same apart from the suits. My bro is a computer geek and he says he worked with random programs(ie dealing cards randomly) before and said they cant be random because they have to start at a point. usually a date...or something. Any one else heard this before? or is it ur voodoo?

It's quite a common thing on FT... if you ever multi-table MTTs or SnG's this happens alot. Most of the time its the same whole cards at both tables. But common flops on different tables that were dealt out at similar times. It's odd and hard to understand/believe 100% with the theory of the constant shuffling of the deck online.

Just use the knowledge to your advantage. It's sick because the deck is constantly shuffling. So the time it takes you to decide what action you're going to take you could have hit some outs if you had called 20ms earlier, but instead you hesitated 20ms and your opponent hits their flush on the river.

I like the idea of a set deck than a deck thats constantly shuffling, but for security reasons online, this cannot be done.

ON A SIDE NOTE: I have never seen it happen on Matrix tourneys on FT

E

EvilEmperor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes I've done some programming and quite a few programs using the random number generator using visual basic. In VB you can reseed the RNG which will start a different set of *random* numbers. One way I found to make RNG more random was to reseed it according to a mathematical formula that meant it was reseeding at random times. The online sites use a much more sophisticated method to get more true randomness. Keep in mind also that as people leave or sit at a table that in itself will generate randomness into the game.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very weird indeed have seen it b4 playing in couple of sng at same time having the same 2 cards in both games but i dnt take much notice of it cos i dnt happens all the time just on the odd occasion :):)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The online sites use a much more sophisticated method to get more true randomness.

Haha, yea I can assure you that they don't use Visual Basic for their RNG equations. Or anything else for that matter.

stevencool1

stevencool1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed this before. I know when I get a KQ the cards are dead.
when I get 4 9o , I will have a full house. ect....
I have found this out with play money tables. I go there a couple hours before my mtt and get an idea of the shuffle. sounds strange but has helped.
I thnk that every level has a limited set of shuffles. like 100K random events. then is repeated in random order. someone can figure out how to manipulate and win big. why do you think there are so many updates?

what kind of program are you using to give you those stats? does it help?

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello steve, im using holdem Manager. It helps give me a quick understanding of how people are playing at a table, while multi tableing i find it invaluable.

Got a few too many stats on there for a double up sng but i use them all in cash games. Very handy indeed.

VerbalKint

VerbalKint

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I two-table all the time and I see in every day. If the flush hits at one table its a 90% chance it`ll do the same at the other. I guess with all those tables running, it would be nearly impossible for every table to have its own random generator. They all must feed off one system in some way. That`s why I only use online for training and keeping sharp. All my "real" money gets thrown on tables in Atlantic City. If you do well online, you`ll kill `em on a real table.