StoxPoker Training

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok after looking at stoxpoker i have become very interested in getting a subscrition and watching the videos they have to offer.

a qouple of questions though:

1) What are your expierences with stoxpoker?
2) Ever had trouble with subscription payments vie PS transfer?
3) will poker training videos improve my play?

Last edited by a moderator:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, I'm not sure admin/mods will like this thread as it's basically relating to a competing forum - I'd have PM'ed them and ask if it would be ok to post this first. I know 2+2 are affiliated with them and actually was going to forward the idea to Nick of doing the same as stox really is a very high quality site. It's mainly a video coaching site rather than a forum anyways.

Anyways...mods please don't hate ;)

1) A+ site. I think I'll be writing a full review on my blog soon since I've enjoyed my subscription so much so far.

In short, they're well worth the money if you can afford it. The only downside is their forum which hasn't fully developed yet as a lot of the members have the subscription strictly for the videos. Often times you'll post a HH and just plain not get a response, but the responses you do get are usually very good quality.

2) Nope, PS transfer is completely safe unless you mistype something.

3) In short, yes :/

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck have you any experience of Cardrunners, how do they compare?

Also do you have the Premium package ($20/month). Does it have enough coverage on 6max ring 50-100nl stakes?

Cheers!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't compare different sites as I don't have subscriptions in other ones.

Yep, premium package (it's the only paid sub), and yes there's plenty on small stakes 6-max.

Full review to come in the blog with handily-placed referral link to the side ;)

I'm gonna stop now, I feel like I'm spamming :eek:

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey chuck,

thanks for the very good reply. When you do write a review please post it on here. :D

Could you please elabourate a bit on your answer to #3. I play mainly Fullring NLHE like yourself i believe.

What are the major things the videos on stox added to/improved in your game?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well they basically have two types of videos - the in-game videos, and the classroom videos.

Classroom vids are just that - they teach you concepts and strategies in the form of powerpoint presentations. These have by far been the most helpful for me.

In-game vids are their pros playing either their normal stakes, or dropping down and showing how to play certain stakes etc. Also very helpful seeing through the eyes of a pro and seeing exactly how they use certain stats, or some of their opponents' tendencies to their advantage.

They used to be mostly 6-max FLHE vids (stoxtrader's specialty), but they've added new pros that specialize in all different kinds of games (6m NLHE, HU NLHE, HU FLHE, razz, OH, laggier players, MTT players, STT players etc etc).

Most of the emphasis is still on 6mFL/NLHE, but it's all stuff you can apply to full ring still.

In short I'd just say get the sub if you can afford it and aren't looking for something specific like shorthanded 7stud8 or 5 card draw ;)

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In short I'd just say get the sub if you can afford it and aren't looking for something specific like shorthanded 7stud8 or 5 card draw ;)

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone still play 5 card draw lol. I intend to get the sub once my BR hits about $1200 so i will be rolled for $50NL and get the subscription. :D