staying focused online

domeburglar

domeburglar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont really care about watching how people play at my table at the beginning of the tourneys cause im going to be switched tables anyways,but even if i dont if i get dealt pocket aces or pocket queens,im going to play them the same way regardless of who im playing against.and even if u do pay attention and watch how someone plays and his betting patterns,who is to guarantee me that he didnt just change gears.So no im not too worried about what they r doing.i worry about my cards and MY game. but after the bubble when i know im going somewhere ill give it my 100%. cause at the end of the day,what it takes to reach the bubble is 4-5 good all ins.and a few steals here and there. but yea i do agree that it is important to pay attention to the table.just not so much at the beginning and the late registration period.

I guess a tourney would be much different due to table changes and stuff im 95% cash game player so i guess its more important for me to really know the player and what they do in certain situations...

A

ayrton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have this problem. I found that listening to music that fits into the background helps as it gives you something to listen to in between hands and for me stops me getting bored. For me though it has to be music that fits into the background otherwise i concentrate on it too much.

domeburglar

domeburglar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have this problem. I found that listening to music that fits into the background helps as it gives you something to listen to in between hands and for me stops me getting bored. For me though it has to be music that fits into the background otherwise i concentrate on it too much.

Al greens greatest hits has been a go to soundtrack for me lately hahaha just gets me in a "feel good" mood lol but i also have a poker playlist on my ipod and i have it set up with different types of music to help me change gears when i need to.. i have some sublime/bob marley when its time to tighten up and relax, got some EDM for multitable madness, some gangster rap when its time to get real aggressive haha just a little bit of everything

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if your thinking to the right depths staying focused should not be hard unless you struggle to be motivated, in which case maybe you need to play higher stakes.