Stay Healthy - Play Online vs Live

itlegacy

itlegacy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK. We're now in a cautionary mode with the surge of Swine Flu (H1N1) cases across the Nation. Did anyone notice that "Durrr" was coughing at the dealer, wiping his nose with his hand, talking with an obvious case of bronchial discomfort, and then re-handling the cards/chips during the Naional Heads-Up Tourney against Phil Helmuth?? (No tissue or wipes were around apparently.) Musing on that, was wondering how long it would take to start in epidemic in Vegas, given these "big names" travelling all 'round the world.

Yep, 'tis much healthier a prospect, sitting here at home and playing online, where I can keep my exposure minimal and [no chat] rude innane chatter during play.

Be carefull out there, if opting for live competitions.

;)

cjay142

cjay142

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost/kind of get what you're saying - if you're not being sarcastic that is. I love reading Bond18's blog (online MTT pro) and he recently did a series for Full Tilt entitled Around the World in 90 Days, his writing style is very laid back and humorous but full of good information as well. Anyway, it seems on most of his trips, and this one in particular, he always gets food poisoning, or sick as a result of jet lag + long hours at the table + little sleep. His friends who are playing as well suffer from this as well and it just sounds awful to be sick as a dog and try to sit through a day long MTT and try to concentrate and play to the best of your ability.

You have a valid point though, these guys travel the world playing poker, you never know what they pick up anywhere. Vegas could definitely be an epicenter for such an epidemic.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I hear ya there.
It is funny,I was watching wolfgang puck promote one of hisitems on tv.
Well he kept couching then handiling food products and food right after coughing into his hand.
It was funny to watch and see him doing that.

Organize a Home Poker Game