Stakes Discussion

Behrens900

Behrens900

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK so I know there are some high rollers on this forum so I am looking for insight on level of play at higher stakes.

We all know the micro tables have a bunch of garbage play because its just pennies. When I have a bankroll I generally play $1/2 or $5/10. I don't notice the difference between those games, and I have never played higher than 5/10. So, anyone that has played maybe 50/100... is the play the same as 5/10?

At first glance this should be an obvious answer in that higher stakes should relate to higher quality of play. However, I was arguing with a friend that it doesn't take more skill to play those limits, it just takes more money. There's nothing stopping a self made millionaire businessman who sucks at poker from playing 50-100 stakes just for fun. So, what % of the high stakes poker you see are poker "experts" vs. just rich people having fun?

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume youre talking about No Limit?

50/100 is much harder then 5/10, and 5/10 is much harder then 1/2.

I doubt you have put in many hands at 1knl if you think it plays the same as 200nl, because it doesnt.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play as high as you, but sometime i agree that i cant really see the difference from .10/.25 compared to .50/1.00. Both can have very solid players and both can have an abundance of fish.