Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was approached yesterday by someone who wanted to talk about sponsorships for some local and regional live tourneys. I told him I would get back to him, as I know next to nothing about poker sponsorships.

We didn't go into a lot of details, so I need some information about poker sponsorships. I looked on the internet, and didn't find a whole lot of helpful info.

When looking into sponsorships, what should I look for in terms of buy ins for the tournaments (who pays, percentage each person pays for buy in), pay out (how much I get of the possible winnings, how much the sponsor gets), and so forth.

Y

Yankees5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i liked how full tilt is spreading to more than just poker or cards or anything gambling in vegas..if yall noticed randy cotoure was sponsored by them in his recent fight agains broke lesnar! that was great to see cuz there was tons of thousands of poeple watchin that fight! and it was in prime position HIS BUTT! no homo.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i liked how full tilt is spreading to more than just poker or cards or anything gambling in vegas..if yall noticed randy cotoure was sponsored by them in his recent fight agains broke lesnar! that was great to see cuz there was tons of thousands of poeple watchin that fight! and it was in prime position HIS BUTT! no homo.

Randy Couture is actually a poker player himself.. and the funniest ad I've seen on a fighter's ass was Condom Depot. lol

Anyways.. that doesn't answer my question, though :p

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I looked on the internet, and didn't find a whole lot of helpful info.

What exactly did you search for? A google search for "getting staked in poker" brought back many listings.

Anyone who stakes you is certainly going to want a majority of the money you make. I'm sure they would also place demands on you for a time table in which you would be profitable for them.

Just make sure that if you go through with something like this, have all of the terms drawn up in a contract and signed by both parties.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PM me with whatever offer you're getting and i can analyze it for u a bit

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
PM me with whatever offer you're getting and i can analyze it for u a bit

I haven't actually gotten any offers yet... just someone who brought it up to me yesterday and wanted to talk about it. Just wanted to know what to expect if the dude was actually serious about sponsoring.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is he offering to stake you or sponsor you?

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Thanks. I'll check it out.

is he offering to stake you or sponsor you?

He said, "sponsoring"... it was kind of a brief conversation, talked a little bit, and left me his card.

If he were to offer to stake me (lol.. that sounds funny.. like I'm a vampire), then I'd go for it, as long as I still got a percentage as well, of course, if I were to cash.

There are a couple of bigger tournaments coming up here in Kansas City, and the wsop circuit in Council Bluffs in February (which I really want to do).

Guess I just need to do a bit more research on my own before I contact the guy.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Randy Couture is actually a poker player himself.. and the funniest ad I've seen on a fighter's ass was Condom Depot. lol

ROLMFAO!!!!! Are you serious?? You couldnt pay me enough money to put that there.
I was just reading this blog to find out more about sponsorships myself although Ive never been offered one.

Last edited:
Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What exactly did you search for? A google search for "getting staked in poker" brought back many listings.

Anyone who stakes you is certainly going to want a majority of the money you make. I'm sure they would also place demands on you for a time table in which you would be profitable for them.

Just make sure that if you go through with something like this, have all of the terms drawn up in a contract and signed by both parties.

I am involved heavily in staking/ backing. For a sample contract, you can see one at Pro Poker Exchange - when they win, you win!. They bring staking out in the open.

-Bill