Split-Pot Blues

J

JonSherwood

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't you hate a split pot when your opponent gets very lucky? Just a few minutes ago it happened to me in the worst way!

Anyone every go all-in with A-K and your opponent has A-A? It's INCREDIBLY hard to beat A-A with A-K. Any Ace gives you trips, so a two pair or top pair loses for the A-K. A king loses to the A-A. And such.

Well, I'm playing in this SNG and a guy who had been playing very aggressively with not very good hands to left of me goes all-in after another person raises to about 100 chips. I had A-A and naturally went all-in. I don't usually do this early in an SNG ever, but the way he had playing I had to. Cards flip up and he's got A-K and I show my A-A. I'm so happy, because I'm almost guaranteed to beat him.

Wait. There are no guarantees in poker. ;)

The flop comes down 4-3-2. Immediately I'm like...Uh-oh. But hey, there's only 4 cards that can help him! Turn...a 5! :( I was very sad. And the river was J, which helped neither of us. So we split the pot, each only making about 50 chips. I am sad. :(

Jon

bpazjr13

bpazjr13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think thats bad....i had Ad Ac vs 3d 3c late in a tourney and we both go in for around 40k and the flop comes 6d 8d 5d...im thinking sweet ..one more diamond would be nice...well the turn is 7d..okay..thats good just not another one....so of course 4d comes on the river and we split....worst thing i ever seen in my life

N

notfit66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time a split is good.... is when it saves your ass :reddy: