love talking ..personally /..on a winning streak /..not

nicdabull

ger008t

ger008t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Y'all are way overestimating the ability to glean information from speech play or anything else. I was in a WSOP circuit event recently and noticed a guy at my table whose hands were shaking when he picked up his chips to bet. That is supposed to be a sign that he has a monster hand. Sure enough he shows a full house on the river. So I get in a hand with him a few minutes later and see his hands shaking when he bets the turn. I fold thinking he has a big hand. Then a few hands later I see his hands shaking again when he is betting. I soon realized his hands shook on every bet he ever made and every call. It was a Seniors Event and he was just an old dude whose hands shook.

If you really think you can tell differences in people's tones of voice and then accurately interpret those changes then you should be racking up at the tables. Most people know to not say or do anything after they bet.

made me smile ..thanks for sharing

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's that word game!? Who knows.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, as you say I think it's pretty hard to gain a real edge by using this sort of tactic, and you're often just going to end up gaining no real information, giving away tells and just being annoying. I don't think there are that many players who would significantly benefit from that sort of tactic. Learning tells and stuff is important, but I don't think that talking will really make them more significant- most people just ignore you when you talk to them. With that said, when you watch people life Kassouf you can tell that they have really taken the time to master the tactic and he can gain an edge from his speech play (although it does make him come across as an annoying *****). Maybe it's possible, but I don't think it could ever give you a huge edge.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fundamentals are way more important to master before attempting the soul reading seen so often on televised poker. 'Make the plays you think are right with no fear of being soul read. 95 percent of players are not reading you.' Phil Galfond

D

Dobre Stefan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally yes, Negreanu is a good speacher player

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

Silence is best way to go unless your using speech play on a lower level simple minded player. But I have seen many times bluffs get called due to the horrible table talk from the individual who obviously wanted the opposing player to fold.