specialization to a modality

W

whitty1973

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
People who like this mental sport like to play and if they can make a living from poker. But what happens if faced with the possibility of dedicating ourselves to living exclusively from this discipline. From my point of view we have to take a modality such as spin go, or sit and go, omaha, tournaments or cash. Now we can play all the modalities, but if we want to be a winner and profitable, it is preferable to take one modality as the main one and the rest as training or secondary source of income. What do you think write your experiences and I will answer with mine

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, it is easier if one specializes. You will have the same situations again and again, and apart from watching your opponents you also have to rely on standard decision regarding when to call / raise / fold. But these decisions differ of course when you play in a full ring or just in a spin & go against two other players.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Completely agree with you. When dedicating ourselves professionally, we should choose a modality and study as much as possible, it is very difficult to dedicate ourselves professionally to poker in several modalities

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I'm not sure that it should be opting for only one, but rather the ones that are most comfortable for each player or the one that best develops, some play excellently in more than one modality, however, if you only manage well in a single game modality I would say that you only limit yourself to playing in it, but as always it will depend on each player.