Some food for thought/or in this case poker thoughts, just 10 of em

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being that #1 I haven't been around in a bit but still play live poker and recently thanks to myself (LOL) yes patting myself on the back. I have tried again the online for a bit.

Coming to a full couple conclusions
1. Some people just won't care how many outs they have they
are going to call any and all bets.
2. Some people will call any raise in the BB(unless it is the all in move) just because they dont like to lose what they think is thiers which brings me to the SB who will also cap the sb because they dont like to lose what they think is thiers
3.The over bet is to me any way, over used to much. It is a tool to be used but lately I have seen the over bet being over used in trying to outplay others with. A smart player will call the overbet more then not.
So please stop trying to get fancy cause it isn't working like the good ol days when it did.
4. Stop playing the superstitious card/way,(I have a feeling). No you aren't psychic and don't know a certain card or runner runner cards are coming.
5. There is no positive EV value in K,3 K,5 or even Q,4 unsuited. There is really nothing to gain besides luck in these hands even by limping. Yes these hands are good for the limp on the button if everyone else has folded around to you. The flop comes and the 2 blinds check to you then position with these cards make usually for an easy steal.
6.If you do perhaps get lucky because you realized you made a bad call wich turned out in your favor, then say so, dont say sorry because you weren't sorry. My favorite saying goes "If you were sorry you wouldnt' have done it in the 1st place". You arent sorry because you made the call, just again admit it was luck and move on.
7.Goes with number 6, if you did get lucky and the other person says you were lucky and tries to birate you(wich at times most of us are guilty of doing at one time or another) dont act like you made a brilliant play. A dumb play that gets you lucky still will be a dumb play.
8.This is one of my favorites to watch from others. No hand is guaranteed to win against any other hand. You make a pre flop raise with AA's there is a possiblity from a caller(s) even if it is an all in pre flop raise that those AA's are guaranteed to win. So get over the fact that you have a great starting pre flop hand, but it isnt guaranteed to win.
9. Aces and Kings especially with X card next to them, well stop over valuing the aces and kings. I have seen so many make the calls especially pre flop with Ace X or King X, and A,K or A,Q.. Just because you hold these cards by all means stop getting married to them. They are nice to have but not neccesarily nice when they miss especially the flop.
10.I think this goes with 9, the pre flop bet, are we going to get caller(s) at 3x,4x,5x,6x the BB raise or even more. Yes possibly, is why at times that lets say you do have AK UTG, now you raise lets say 3X the bb with and the flop doesn't produce the AK. Yes it depends on the number of callers and the personalities of the caller(s) but yet you haven't made that commitement to the hand when it does miss and yes it does miss. You now have the option of fighting later on especially if it is a tourney with some firepower instead of getting hit hard cause some schmoe called your raise with the Q rag and hit his queen who he now has become married to no matter how many bullets you keep firing. Yes nice to have him as a calling station though.

Figured this be a nice starting contribution considering I havent been around in a good while.