So excited I can finally BUILD a roll!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was really into playing online poker 3-4 years ago and I was a consistent winner at medium levels ($400NL and $20-$50 tournaments). The problem I had back then was that I was a full time student and working at a job where I didn't make much money. I would have to consistently cash out for the money because I couldn't afford to leave it in there. Because of this I was unable to really build a bankroll. It would get up to a couple thousand and cash it down to 1 or 2k and keep playing at the same levels.

I took all my money off in 2006 when the UIGEA law was passed (I was scared I would lose my money). I really didn't play much poker for the next 2 yrs, built a small amount of money on cake and bodog from freeroll winnings and cashed out for like $200 in 2008.

Now I am out of school, I have a great poker dealing job and in February I tossed $67 on pokerstars to start playing again. ($67 is because that was how much I was up in 2009 so far playing live and I felt like I needed to start back at low stakes to get my game back on track).

The money I have online doesn't matter to my everyday life. I can just keep building the money up and up and up. My goal is to get a big enough roll where I can play at stakes high enough where I make more in poker than I do dealing it. This should take me a year or two to reach this level, but I am stoked!

I am not going to stop climbing the ranks, if I have the roll to play 20/40 NL or $200 mtts, I will play them and try to move up to the next level. I have a long way to go, but as I have watched my BR grow over the past 3 months, I am getting that much more excited.

I feel like I am on a good pace, I have doubled my BR every month so far. I am mixing in a lot of different games to keep it fun. One day I play 90 person sngs, the next PLO ring game or 8 game ring game, etc.

This thread was just to say how excited I really am to be able to finally focus on poker and building up a bankroll. I keep my profile up to date with the current stakes I am playing at so take a look sometimes to see if I have moved up.

Thanks guys and see you on the felt!

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jordanbillie,
I wish you the best of luck, and hope your BR will grow as fast as possible, and mostly as much as possible :D

In fact I'm a bit like you, I have this goal to build a BR, but right now my job takes me a lot of time, so I wait some time before depositing money.
But I clearly understand your excitement, so Have Fun ;)

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are playing the 90 player SNGs do you play more than one table because the way Im thinking is that to consistantly increase youre roll from these you would need to cash fairly seldomly or make win a couple so I was just wondering if you played alot at one time like some people do with ring tables or you just consentrated on one or two?

Good luck with the increase and the way youre going now if you keep doubling every month it prolly wont take you as long, to make the money you want to, as you think.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are playing the 90 player SNGs do you play more than one table because the way Im thinking is that to consistantly increase youre roll from these you would need to cash fairly seldomly or make win a couple so I was just wondering if you played alot at one time like some people do with ring tables or you just consentrated on one or two?

Good luck with the increase and the way youre going now if you keep doubling every month it prolly wont take you as long, to make the money you want to, as you think.

It's hard to play a lot at a time right now because the $10's don't fill that fast. I will play a $10 $5 and sometimes even a $2 at the same time. Idealy I would like to play 4-5 at a time. I have also been throwing in games on cake in the mix, like they have a $1 30 person sng that pays top 5 that I seem to do pretty well in, and I like cake's 6 person Omaha H/L sngs.