Can you make good money or even aliving playing SNGs online

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you make good money or even aliving playing SNGs online

Of course you can, for example. If a player who has decided they are a close to or are at pro level at 6 man sit n gos (for the sake of this post) they could play in a 3 hour session, about 5-25 sit n gos depending on how many tables and how many are willing to play ASO, if they play $1000 sit n gos, 1st place (on FTP anyway) is $3800, thats a profit of $2800 on each game won not including second places, you would expect a person willing to play poker as a living to be able to acheive atleast 12-15 cashes out of 25 games with min cash giving you around $2000, add a few firsts in and your looking at being up around $5000 minimum every session, thats more than most people earn for 2 hours right?

However, not everyone can achieve this. I would not reccomend trying to take poker up as a profession unless you have atleast 6 months worth of money set aside to pay your bills and rent and so on. But if you are a good SnG player you can easily make a steady living. Playing for 6 hours a day at the $10 buy in $39 for first, 5 days a week could make you an Ok living, that if your a say 30+/50 casher in SnG's.

Good Luck i your SnG's:deal:

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Double OR Nothing One table SnG on PokerStars

Suggestions for playing these?

I try to play them extremely TIGHT esp since the first 5 players out of 10 get a 1st place finish and are ITM, doubling the buy-in amount. Is this a good way to play them?

Usually will take about 35-45 mins to play and I sometimes play only 5-6 hands. Once I get to where only 7 players are left, I will not even call with less than KK...even folded AA once before the flop when I was on the bubble.

I usually can win about 50 to 70% of these tourneys...shouldn I be able to win 80 to 90% of these?

Or, what is better and more effective to play and increase a bankroll?

Wally

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of people grind out the $55s and even $109s. anything higher is tough to get volume in. i've heard like 200 a month for $500s is about the best you can do. but if someone could grind 1000 $55 games a month they could make about 1k a week if the got a ROI of 5% and had a rakeback account.

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suggestions for playing these?

I try to play them extremely TIGHT esp since the first 5 players out of 10 get a 1st place finish and are ITM, doubling the buy-in amount. Is this a good way to play them?

Usually will take about 35-45 mins to play and I sometimes play only 5-6 hands. Once I get to where only 7 players are left, I will not even call with less than KK...even folded AA once before the flop when I was on the bubble.

I usually can win about 50 to 70% of these tourneys...shouldn I be able to win 80 to 90% of these?

Or, what is better and more effective to play and increase a bankroll?

Wally
you're talking about double or nothin's. i think the OP probably meant regular sng's. i look at the don's as more of a bankroll builder...which...coincidentally, is what i'm up to right now. i see some places have $20+ don's...wtf. does anyone know anyone who plays these? i think bodog has $80 or $160 "beginner" sngs which are a little different than don's but wtf.