Smoking and poker

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm in the game, I do not think about smoking at all. This harmful habit seems to be evaporated. But only there comes a break in the tournament and immediately the hand automatically reaches for the cigarette. Oh, these bad habits, if you have never smoked, then I do not advise you to start.By the way, it was always interesting, does someone use electronic cigarettes in offline games?

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heck no smoking at poker tables. that shit causes cancer!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
you are a fine fellow that quit smoking (do not you dare start again) !!! unfortunately I can not quit smoking !!! share your experience how you did it !!!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not smoke and think that this is very bad habit as you just give your money to harm your health. Saying that i have friends who smoke and i am tolerant enough to accept their smoking while we are together but i definitely prefer situations when they do not smoke in the same room where everybody else is. During live game for me it is correct smoking to be forbidden on the table. During online play of course everybody can do whatever he/she wants.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The truth is always the best...just tell him his smelly cigars cost him dearly!!! lol

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a person who smokes., but when I play poker I smoke double then I end up coughing all day. But it helps me to calm down the nerves at the moment I am playing

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nico_ico_404

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion there are no correlations between these things! So it doesn't matter whether you smoke or not!

K

Kristi79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently quit smoking but I used to chain smoke while I played.

Do you believe we should be able to smoke cigarettes while we play, or do you like the non smoking trend?
I am new to this site so hi and I believe that smoking should not be at table ! For it is offensive to some people and some are allergic to the smoke . If you feel that you need a smoke, it would be appreciated by all ,you don't at the table wait for a break ! As an ex smoker of Tobacco!

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker I lose control of my cigarettes, I smoke one cigarette after another and I can't help myself!

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Do you believe we should be able to smoke cigarettes while we play, or do you like the non smoking trend?
I stoped smoking two years ago and all that I have to say is that life without cigarrets is much healthy.

K

Kristi79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker I lose control of my cigarettes, I smoke one cigarette after another and I can't help myself!
Try to chew on some gum , cinnamon toothpicks or hard candies to get you through it helps, believe me I have done it ! Played some leagues around my area but never pro !

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in college when I didn't have money, I played in a few amateur leagues in bars in Orlando. Places very much of the smoke-filled variety. And THAT was bad enough. Whenever someone would actually smoke right there, it SUCKED. So yeah, I'd prefer people didn't.

K

Kristi79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in college when I didn't have money, I played in a few amateur leagues in bars in Orlando. Places very much of the smoke-filled variety. And THAT was bad enough. Whenever someone would actually smoke right there, it SUCKED. So yeah, I'd prefer people didn't.
I believe that everyone should be respectful of everyone else, that's all! Take other people's feelings in consideration! Always be polite to others ,it is right and if the shoe was on the other foot ,you would appreciate it !

B

BobBorden

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I could quit driving & poker I could quit smoking. Smoking wins again. lol

K

Kristi79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Smoking is like Russian Ruollet ,but understand how it is ,smoked 20 plus yrs, fresh in no smoking cigarettes department! I won the battle though, you will too eventually!

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like smoking, smoking is not good smoking ends with the health of the person.

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm smoking too. Every 5 minutes the breaks are given at the end of every hour, I manage to smoke and fix the need, sometimes I make myself tea or coffee. It's all about habit. If I smoke then I try to have a smoke in the break, but I understand that this is not right .. I'm glad that you coped with this bad habit, I hope in the near future I will be able to get rid of it)

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm smoking too. Every 5 minutes the breaks are given at the end of every hour, I manage to smoke and fix the need, sometimes I make myself tea or coffee. It's all about habit. If I smoke then I try to have a smoke in the break, but I understand that this is not right .. I'm glad that you coped with this bad habit, I hope in the near future I will be able to get rid of it)

Live tournaments were a big factor in me deciding to quit. I couldn't handle the 5 minute breaks every hour, I felt my mind wasn't in the game the last 15 to 20 minutes before each break. I hated that cigarettes had enough control over me to distract me from the game.

Thank you, and I hope you will be able to cope with this habit soon enough as well.

vadave311

vadave311

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen too many players leave several hands before break just to smoke. So glad I don't smoke.......cigarettes. lol

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i love smoke and play poker,,,its the best, in real rooms are not permited.

fialhosm

fialhosm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very pertinent your question, because I just found one of the answers I needed for my club. From this, I will ban people who use my space for the game of smoking at the table. Thank you.

FaelN

FaelN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smoking I guess it ok... drunk things may get terrible hahaha

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

have you tried vaping? VAPE NATION! lol but seriously i haul on my vape all day while i play and it beats when i had to smoke all day instead :)

Popaye

Popaye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u want, better for u go smoking)) but don't be a drunk and don't use drugs/steroids

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

When a person is nervous, metabolism increases in the body, so much more is needed for the body of the elements, and if a person smokes, then during stress, the body requires a much higher level of nicotine. What will happen if you exclude nicotine during the game. The body will get even more stress and the performance of your game will decrease many times. I think for those players who smoke this discussion will be enough to draw a conclusion for themselves.