Slow Playing: How do you deal with it politely?

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
time delay, in some cases, is a very good tactic

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is so terribly boring

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it annoying to have to wait for the player to think for an eternity to make his bet, in general I prefer not to have that attitude in the very bubble of a tournament. but I know that some players do this to affect the control of the opponent, in this case I think a bad attitude.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And these characters in no way affect me. I absolutely do not care who plays as I watch only my game.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last time i slowroll a full house i lost against a bigger full house...if i woud have bet the flop i woud have win probably.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This used to upset me when i first started playing... not anymore... I stay multi-tasking, so I always have other things to occupy my time while waiting on other players... Having a hud helps as well as I don't have to sit around trying to figure the tendencies of players that waste time...

snowonthis

snowonthis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow play

This may be boring to most but it is and always will be apart of the game we love.

V

ValentinBLR1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ахахаха, это нормально. I sometimes do it myself. There is nothing wrong with this.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What can you do with me if I maximally squeeze the time before the prizes.

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is true, it can be a bit annoying, but everything is part of the strategy of each player, and is allowed, the only thing that should matter is that we do well in the game.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all have come across a player who takes forever to makea desision on what to do with his or her hand.
I know that some people do it on perpest so that they get closer
to the bubble to get a pay out, others do it to piss players off.
What is the gentleman's way of dealing with this issue?

Well I think it's rule but many do to win time while the bubble bursts in some situations depending on the value of the tournament about.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all have come across a player who takes forever to makea desision on what to do with his or her hand.
I know that some people do it on perpest so that they get closer
to the bubble to get a pay out, others do it to piss players off.
What is the gentleman's way of dealing with this issue?
I think everyone should play their game and not care how the other plays.
Each time a certain time to make your move.
Now if the player is slow to classify for the bubble, there is another situation.
Unfortunately we can not make it run.

... and for you, good luck always!

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't slow play The tactic "to annoy" is a poor way to play - online or live You see less of it live as the table usually scolds the player

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is part of the game lads it is called time bank do not be afraid to use it if close to bubble everybody does it or if multitabling it is impossible to be fast all the time clicking before thinking equals bad EV long term good luck do not let anyone hurry you in to making bad decisions except your timebank.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online not a lot you can do. I find live people are slow at times but way more respectful

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You throw things and scream, right?

ruswolfhound

ruswolfhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do not have the patience to play slowplay poker, I think you should not expect to play poker in a plus. To play, you need a very, very big patience

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's not much you can do . Everyone has the same amount of time . You really need to try to control your own frustration so that it doesn't affect your game . As far as tanking near the bubble I think that stradegy is wrong anyway . The more hands you see the better your chances are of winning , that's my belief anyway.