sit out or burst the bubble ???

• Total voters
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellite to the Record breaker 0.50+0.10 MTT (5$ buy in 500K $ guaranteed) on Full Tilt.
27 of 274 remaining, places 1-21 get the ticket, 22nd 1.75$, 23rd 1.05 $, 24th .

I'm chip leader with 28K blinds are 400/800 antes 100

Is there any chance I will blind out and not make it?

There is no glory in sitting out for glory but yet I'll make an exeption in this one.
What do you think ?

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You'll easily make it but might as well sit in so your blinds aren't free and can ko super shortstacks. Unless you have something to do, you could walk away. I would observe just so you have a better idea for next time, when you are 15-24th with 27 to go and wonder whether you can blind down or need to double.

e: Yeah, its better to walk away if you think you might get involved in a hand you shouldn't with pretty cards. VVV

Last edited:
Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever u do dont push those Aces.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I pushed KK vs 1010 , hit a set and took one of them out.

Edit: I see that that move is questionable - but I marked him before ...and knew his shoving range.

Now 55K / 2nd 27K

Attachments

• Zwischenablagegoooo.jpg
    Zwischenablagegoooo.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're already in, no need to accumulate more chips

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing continuing to play does is make it possible for the tourney to end a bit early when you KO shorter stacks. So if you are multi-tabling and don't need the screen space just keep looking for ops to KO a shorty.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why oh why would you take a chance with someone who has over 10k chips? You don't want to be up against A-10 and no longer be able to coast into the money.

J

jjaaz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in this situation you should not sitout but only play the good hands like kq or a10 hands like that. you cant go wrong with only playing the good hands to win money. if you only play those hand you are less likely to lose your chips

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in this situation you should not sitout but only play the good hands like kq or a10 hands like that. you cant go wrong with only playing the good hands to win money. if you only play those hand you are less likely to lose your chips

FYI, AT & KQ are not good hands. I think you meant to say AA, KK.

If you have enough chips to get in already, there is no point in risking that position. There is no upside to playing more hands. The entire point of the tournament is to get in to another one.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
lol we're talking about a satellite for a 5 dollar ticket.

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol we're talking about a satellite for a 5 dollar ticket.

I know, right? Only $5 means he should just play stupid, yeah? Strategy is for rich folks.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the guy shoves and flips over TT you still fold in that spot with KK. Winning gets you 0 value while losing hurts you a ton more.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I know, right? Only $5 means he should just play stupid, yeah? Strategy is for rich folks.

lol well the thread title is 'sitting out for glory' so i was kinda expecting something a little more glorious than a 5 dollar ticket

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If the guy shoves and flips over TT you still fold in that spot with KK. Winning gets you 0 value while losing hurts you a ton more.

Thats true - I realized I should have walked away - that's what I'll do next time.

Btw yes it's only 5 $ - a ticked for sundays game with 500K added --- and I got it ---- .

W

WarEagle1266

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering why the percentages added up to 206.67% and noticed this:
Poll cardschat
Note how zachvac and Infamous1020 voted for every option. Um, y u gots to ruin our pollz?

P

PLO1519

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't sit out, you have to play... even if you're extremely tight people are going to be fearful of going for your blinds, even if you have no intention of playing any hands. You could pick up a few walks from people that get passive.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol just thought it was kinda funny that you had a checkbox and could choose all options. I was pretty clear though what I thought posting here.

T

TeaParty

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What more are you trying to do if you already know you deffinetly earned the ticket. you accomplished what you set out to do in that tournament. Aces, Kings don't mean anything now. The only thing that playing does is put you at risk of loosing that garanteed ticket. you could have Aces 3 times in a row and get donked out on every time with some of these sites. I know it's not likely, but you never know. Now you're right in the mix of things grinding it out with everyone for the ticket you already had.

Tea

J

joeey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its poker any thing can happen from chip leader to short stack but if you sat out you would blind out with atleast 10 - 15 people left making it well into the money or in this case, ticket :joyman: