THIS SITE IS REDICULOUS

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:deal: If you want to know what happens to a successful forum that becomes elitist ........

If you think me elitist, I have expressed myself poorly. :eek:

That wasn`t my point at all. Actually, I spend half an hour or more most days greeting new members in the introduction area of CC. I definitely have no problem with new members.

I should have specified more clearly that the older members are impatient with those who come here solely for the freerolls and fail to note that there is a very active and friendly community here.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think me elitist, I have expressed myself poorly. :eek:

That wasn`t my point at all. Actually, I spend half an hour or more most days greeting new members in the introduction area of CC. I definitely have no problem with new members.

I should have specified more clearly that the older members are impatient with those who come here solely for the freerolls and fail to note that there is a very active and friendly community here.
Pretty much the response I would expect from an elitist in denial. ;) :) <3 Egon

Mrlova

Mrlova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's weird. I'm a new member myself and I've never had that problem. Message a mod, they might be able to help you out.

Good luck at your tables

S

SirTristen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wow

I didnt expect so many friendly replies.I was just frustrated at the whole privalege thing and was thinking this was one of those "pay us some money and we'll give you a freeroll once in a while" sites. I guess its working now and Ill probly be spendign somemore time on here with all u friendly folks:) Initially I too just signed up for the freerolls and after a while I started wandering around and found some good advice on my game. Everyone will be hearing from me again. Thanks for the hospitality:D

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What the heck are you doing up at 3 AM? You got nothing better to do like me?

Pig

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awww SirTristen, I'm glad your moving around the site and finding some info to help you with your game, and yes the people here are awesome. Best of luck to you at the tables.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I didnt expect so many friendly replies.I was just frustrated at the whole privalege thing and was thinking this was one of those "pay us some money and we'll give you a freeroll once in a while" sites. I guess its working now and Ill probly be spendign somemore time on here with all u friendly folks:) Initially I too just signed up for the freerolls and after a while I started wandering around and found some good advice on my game. Everyone will be hearing from me again. Thanks for the hospitality:D
Send your payments to...juiceeQ, care of Cardschat...;) I'm kidding! I'm kidding! :D Nah, SirTristen, you won't find a better poker community anywhere on the net. And trust me when I say, we have loads of freerolls with no strings attached. :)

Hey, I came here initially for the freerolls too, and look at me now! :p There's no shame in coming here for the freerolls; that's why we have them, to attract new members.

Anyway, glad to see everything is working out for you, and if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
RammerJammer said: "I can't help but notice that the offended party is a new member with two posts. I wouldn't get too upset at the bad manners of another Sunday freeroll whore looking for a game. Our woods are full of them now."
Awwww. That's a bit harsh. I originally joined just for the freerolls, but I found that this is a really fun place to hang out. I imagine a lot of others will feel the same.
pigpen02 said:
Almost all of you oldies had only one post at one time or another and look at you now! If it weren't for noobs, who would be the first to be put out?
fishfood said:
If you want to know what happens to a successful forum that becomes elitist check out The World Poker Tour Fan site - The Unofficial World Poker Tour Fan Site. That site used to be the best site on the net...then the veterans started flaming every noob who posted and now there might be 5 people who post there regularly.
As usual, a comment is made, taken completely out of context, and everybody feels the need to weigh in with their two cents on a topic they don't even understand. My observation was not directed toward new members in general, but specifically to the originator of the thread who came in like a bull in a china shop under the topic heading "THIS SITE IS REDICULOUS(sic)". There is a difference between new members, many of whom will vouch for my private messages of welcome and/or assistance, and ill-mannered boors who only show up for freerolls while throwing rocks at our forum before, during, and after each event. I have no apologies for the manner in which I characterized those particular individuals.

SirTristen has extended the olive branch, sort of, with a couple of smilies and some kind words, and I'm willing to write it off as a poor first impression. No elitism here, friends. Just calling them like I see them. Come one, come all...just keep a civil tongue in your head. That's my motto.

Besides, if I were truly elitist, I would point out that the three quotes above come from members with a combined total of less than 200 posts between them. Not that I would ever stoop to that sort of thing, of course. :D

Last edited: