Should you teach your kids how to play poker?

Should you teach your kids how to play poker?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
L

lololi11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
I've always questioned myself as a future parent if this is a good or a bad idea. The answer to this question seems to be not so simple. One side says that poker is the most popular card game in the world and it's better to teach your kids how to play poker than some other games, while the other side says that poker is too risky for children and they should only be taught when they are old enough and have developed their own understanding of risk.

I think it's important for every parent to make their own decision about what games are best for their children. It all depends on your child's personality and what you want them to learn from the game.

Let me know what you guys think.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not, this game develops many useful qualities in a person. I know an example when a young man at the age of 18 breaks nl 200 in online poker. This is a very good result, and it is clear that he started playing when he was very young.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of the age. I would only teach poker to my sons when they are old enough to understand the game, I think with 11-12 years.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've always questioned myself as a future parent if this is a good or a bad idea. The answer to this question seems to be not so simple. One side says that poker is the most popular card game in the world and it's better to teach your kids how to play poker than some other games, while the other side says that poker is too risky for children and they should only be taught when they are old enough and have developed their own understanding of risk.

I think it's important for every parent to make their own decision about what games are best for their children. It all depends on your child's personality and what you want them to learn from the game.

Let me know what you guys think.
I think years from 14-15.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think no. Poker is not the sport. Poker for kids is just interesting game with cards. And this hobby wouldn't become a something serious. My poker way started with TV show. It gave me a lot good emotions. It gave me bad but positive experience. But this everything is only mine. And i think it's good.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would teach them card game,s but not those involving money. Poker included.
From there on, if they are interested, they can go deeper into cardgames and poker, when the'ye of age.