Should you become a poker pro? Ashley Sleeth shares her thoughts

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you ever asked yourself 'Do I have what it takes to be a poker tournament pro?' CardsChat Ambassador and poker pro, Ashley Sleeth, gives some food for thought on what it would take to actually make a good living at tournament poker.

Check out Ashley's article linked below and tell us if you have what it takes.

Should You Become a Tournament Poker Pro?

Ashley-Sleeth-with-RIU-Trophy-e1668678964884.jpeg

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Really enjoyed reading this one. While I won't be ever going pro it was interesting to see what I could check off the list. It does give me hope to possible complete my main poker dream.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really enjoyed reading this article, a lot of information and makes you reflect too much, I've read it once and then I'll read it again!:unsure:(y)(y)

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good this article, it made me remember good times that I took when I only earn a living with poker.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Quote from the article: "You might have noticed that I haven’t mentioned live tournament poker very often. The unfortunate reality is that when you can only play a maximum of 1-4 tournaments a day, it’s much less feasible for you to make a steady and consistent income. If you want to play live only, you will most likely need to mix in live cash games to help curb tournament variance."

Maybe it would be better to concentrate on being a live cash game player instead.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love it when pretty girls play poker. And when they also give you motivation, telling you in detail what it takes to become a professional - it's priceless! I read Ashley's article in one breath! Yes, there are a lot of things I'm missing, but that makes sense. After all, I'm a fish, not a professional. But still I hope that hard work on myself in the future will bring results. Shells, thank you for the great motivational article! :cool:(y);)

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting this question because many want to be pro more does not do what has q be done, I'm trying to professionalize, it's not easy but we're doing what we can for it to happen

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Really enjoyed reading this one. While I won't be ever going pro it was interesting to see what I could check off the list. It does give me hope to possible complete my main poker dream.
Hello brother Luve
Why will you never be a professional???
propose it, sooner or later you will be
A big hug, the last thing you lose is hope!!!
Blessings and greetings to you and your family:):):)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello brother.

Why i won't be a professional is simple, my wife 18 moths ago was hospitalized with what we now know is a lifelong condition. We are managing it and she should have a long life but due to those complications, it would not really be possible to play professionally. It will actually block me from many of the things I would like to do in life "travel and retirement where I would like and just playing live poker" but there are more important things in life. Family and my 2 children.

"Propose is. sooner or later, it will be." I like this brother. My ultimate goal or dream is to be the guy in the picture winning a tournament with their prize. Preferable I always wanted a wsop circuit ring. I think your right. I will be the guy who is having his picture taken with him WSOP ring. sooner or later, it will be.

Thanks for the hug and the blessing. It's been really hard the last 18 months+ is so many ways and I have at times struggled with hope more than I want to admit. The hardest part is not letting my wife and kids know the struggle I am having.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever asked yourself 'Do I have what it takes to be a poker tournament pro?' CardsChat Ambassador and poker pro, Ashley Sleeth, gives some food for thought on what it would take to actually make a good living at tournament poker.

Check out Ashley's article linked below and tell us if you have what it takes.

Should You Become a Tournament Poker Pro?

Ashley-Sleeth-with-RIU-Trophy-e1668678964884.jpeg
Very well written. For me the answer is a big No :(

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's a well structure article, reading this article many realise there is a long way to go still...