Should we try to reduce luck element in poker?

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is everywhere. Even when you're crossing a street you need some luck. Anyway, if you're in the 95% of unlucky people, you just have to deal with it the best way possible and try a tousand times to hit one.

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So basically by removing luck you just want to play high card? How would you then remove luck in the card distribution?

Either way - no luck factor and nobody would ever play poker.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like lucky moment in poker i perfer like if sois better to winn hand pre flop,only if situ a lot ationnt is coin flip than player can be competitive..... I lost a lot of timesI had KK,on tournament and I lost against K4,IT doesn' have sense

L

leandr0s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So basically by removing luck you just want to play high card? How would you then remove luck in the card distribution?

Either way - no luck factor and nobody would ever play poker.

did you read anything more than the title? i guess not. otherwise you wouldnt be asking of how to eliminate luck from card dealing. i talked about a specific model. when you check that out feel free to comment on that

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Luck is basic in poker. It is not the most important. Psycology and maths are more important, so these two can eliminate in a very big percentage the `luck`!

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky moments on the table still scare me.. Im ussualy in position that unlucky man.. :D

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess, for me, chance has always been the enemy. Amassing chips without showing down a hand, to me, is a way of limiting chance, and to me demonstrates a talented player. One that can be intune with dynamics enough to know how to pick up pots uncontested is a skillful player in my book, moreso than one that just gets it in, and prays to hold up, or get lucky

Ding, ding ding... This ++

Showdowns are a math problem. Taking a pot is 100% profit. We are not here to gamble. (Although we do each time we touch our chips.)

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny you posted this actually, I had an almost identical idea but instead of the pot being split according to percentage, the guy that is ahead gets all the chips. I like your idea more.

In reality it would drive all the fish away from the game, but it would be really nice to have as an additional format. I would definitely have a shot at playing it.

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No the lucky is part of the game we can't eliminate it , I know that sometimes we loose by another lucky player with a stupid cards but sometimes we win , the lucky will always be part of the game

L

leandr0s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny you posted this actually, I had an almost identical idea but instead of the pot being split according to percentage, the guy that is ahead gets all the chips. I like your idea more.

In reality it would drive all the fish away from the game, but it would be really nice to have as an additional format. I would definitely have a shot at playing it.

lol... you are probably the one person that got to read my idea.. i see people here commenting "luck is a big factor of the game" and "you cant eliminate luck in poker for that and that reason". they really arent contributing anything to the forum. it really seems to me that they just spam their way to higher posting history because their posts really arent posts of a person with a 3-digit IQ.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meh I've been posting on forums for the good part of 8 years now, I have 14k posts on another gaming site. You get used to it after a while and learn to not care. Essentially people are entitled to their opinions and learning to accept that helps deal with people you consider to be trolling.

But yeah I think your idea is good and while it certainly shouldn't be the mainstream form of poker, it certainly has a place as a side game on main poker sites IMO

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always play with the skill will bring very good results in the medium or long run than luck.

kabrouto22

kabrouto22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just count how many times you have lost a good pot with AA holding cards. I get around 50% chances of winning every time i have pocket Aces.And im not talkin bout heads up.So yeah luck plays a huge factor on poker.

Lubzhen

Lubzhen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most important in poker it's a skill. An element of luck in poker is minimal.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just count how many times you have lost a good pot with AA holding cards. I get around 50% chances of winning every time i have pocket Aces.And im not talkin bout heads up.So yeah luck plays a huge factor on poker.

Play more hands and isolate more so you aren't facing multiple opponents.