Should Players Who Play Everyday Have a Certain Diet?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Your body is like a computer, if you feed it garbage then you get a garbage result. Try to avoid processed junk food and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Drink water instead of soft drinks which are nothing more than empty calories.

If your daily routine is something similar to this, don't expect to stay in good health:
  • Breakfast: coffee and donuts
  • Lunch: coffee and cigarettes
  • Dinner: piece of meat
I had a next door neighbor whose diet was pretty similar to this along with soft drinks and candy all day long plus zero exercise and he's no longer around.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally poker is no different than any other mind based job regarding the requirements to your mind and body. It is always good idea to try to eat as healthy as possible. I try to avoid too much fast hydrocarbons (read sugar, soft drinks and similar) and include more meat, fish, fresh vegetables and fruits. Fortunately there is enough information online today about the good balanced nutrition.

S

sexbobomb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Primarily fish. Donkey burgers are also good but harder to come by

K

Kichidk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this must be a fake question...is someone trying to get 25 posts?

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sure need to come up with some type of diet: not only I play like 5-8 hours a day but I also work from home ,another 8 hours .
I am glad I have a good eating habits

M

mrwalleye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eat when your hungry..thats my diet

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend the carb-free, fat-free, protein-free diet. You get all your calories from alcohol.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There is a diet that must be followed anyway in life. Eat meals with natural ingredients, and avoid standardized , canned, and prepared foods, or chemical foods. Also you must be very well hydrated, so you must drink the 8 glasses of water daily.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friends, I do not diet, but I eat healthy and I exercise I believe with that ... :D I believe with that study and discipline is enough ...

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play chess and eat cheeseburger for improve your Brian

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you should not adhere to a certain diet, but you still need to eat before the game.

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
diet and exercise in the morning help a lot, sleeping well brings a lot of results

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Diet does not play a special role here. The main recipe for improving and stable functioning of mental concentration when playing poker is a clear daily routine. Go to bed and get up on time! Sleep should be at least 8 hours.

mix of factors if you keep eating shit your body functions shitty at the end

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

If I think we should have a diet determined by wear and tear, long hours of play is great and we need energy and a good diet!

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a strange question, I think that whoever keeps a diet should always follow it .. if there is a problem with being overweight or something else, well, if I play for a long time, then strong tea helps me. and cigarettes ... well, it's more of a habit ... nnu have everything, some of which are also a habit, so you can't guess who it helps sweetly to relieve stress .. and for someone music ... but it helps me personally when I Winning and Leading - My Favorite Diet, How I Lose Terribly Upset

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what is your special diet if you have one? what would you recommend?

Specifically, I am looking for things to improve mental focus and endurance.

If these are professionals, then probably yes, there should be a diet. Since foods affect the state and psyche of players, just like alcohol, there are unhealthy foods :jd4::jd4:

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play every day and I am on a Strict Sea-food diet.

I See food, I eat it.

When the fun Stops, Stop!

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, yes, it is very important to work with a full and relaxed stomach, various diets, it depends on the type of organism we have, there will be many players who do not take importance to this type of thing and that is when we should take note the most. For the sake of our health and for the sake of making a better performance in the hours that we dedicate to poker, I would recommend, have breakfast as a king, have lunch as a prince and dinner as a beggar, what does this mean? with the food we eat, first for our health and Second and not least to give a better performance in what we do, call it play, work or whatever we do, many vegetables, seafood, fruits, vegetables and with THE diet , a lot of exercise, so we take note so that our metavolism is at one hundred percent ,,diets, several, all very important ,, if we don't know which one is better ,,, let's visit a nutriosinista ,, excellent help to lead a healthy life ,,, all for a better tomorrow ,,, long live health ,, is priceless ,, to take care of us guys ,,,,, luck ,,

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KETO seems to work for me. Lost 20# easily.
Carbs are evil!!

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not exactly a diet but i recommend Intermittent fasting. however there's still some few people that shouldn't do it for specific reasons.

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should or must, but the most have bad habbits

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For my hubby and I we had a smoothie every morning for over 10 years now , our breakfast is the smoothie and a boiled egg, with a slice of bread/english muffin - only 1 slice.
We have started having a "lunch " smoothie -for about a year now and with that we have a slice of bread and I like a either tuna, tomato , egg salad , and lettuce on that and I make up a half sandwich.
Breakfast smoothies usually have yogurt, coconut milk , fresh ginger, grapes - red, orange, fresh pineapple, One veggie - either carrots, beets, canned pear/peach ( only the kind in pear juice) , frozen berries/cherries/papaya/mangoes/plums/apricots etc. I have tons of fruits I keep in the freezer for these.
Lunch is more veggies and a little fruit , yogurt , spinach, celery, carrots, pepper, zucchini, cucumber, avocados, canned pears, green grapes, and usually honeydew /canary melon. This one gets whey from my homemade yogurt .
Yes , last year I started making my own yogurt as we were going through 3 - 4 containers every week and it was getting rather expensive !
Supper is usually meat potatoes and a veggie - hot or a salad. We also do meatless meals to.
I find this has helped both of us for overall health and feeling a lot better over all.
We also take supplements as we feel we need them.
Yes, we like our desserts, and usually have at least one every night. I bake a lot so we always have a small portion for dessert.
We don't snack much, but once in awhile we like chips, pretzels, popcorn.
We never buy pop/soda, booze. The most we have now is on special occasions - wine. We do drink green tea, coffee, and now we have added Kombucha .
So, I feel we have been eating fairly well.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Walk at least 10k every day, or even better run. Lift some weights. I always make sure to be in activity before I sit down at the poker table. My sessions can be pretty long so you need to take advantage of the 24 hours you got. What you eat is normal healthy food.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Protect your body

I believe that playing long sessions of poker can harm your health if you don't recover from those long hours of play. You have to eat more and exercise to keep fit, drink a lot of water in order to play your best poker and to protect your body from any harm.