• Total voters
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better might be you volunteering to deal the games.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can put aside your poker sensibilites for the day - I say yes, go ahead and play it.

If not - I like dj's idea - ask if you can deal it.

There will be so many problems with string betting, betting out of turn, bad chip counting, bad showdowns, and more that if you can't put aside playing in a professionally run environment - don't play it.

After all, are we in this for fun, or profit? The former - go play and have fun. The latter - put $40 into your bankroll.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely go play!

If you make money that's a nice bonus, food, alcohol and experience are all the reasons you should need!

Man I wish there were place to play live near where I live.

pugsley37

pugsley37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill tell you what being a good player is the key trust me. i did the same in florida . there was about 30 players in it and in the first 10 min i lost half my stack to new players that called me down with an ace in there hand. halving nothing before the river but hey i started playing semi tight and it worked i finished 3rd and had a good time. ask me sometime and ill tell you my final hand. it has been a topic i have told everyone i lost to crap but won a little money and made some new friends ( who wanted to learn more about holdem ) . so have fun

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So..... Did you go?

Organize a Home Poker Game