Status
Not open for further replies.
zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was 3-4 tabling as usual (usually two 9 person tournys buyin under $5 and 2 heads up buyin under $5) i acutally profited $49.25 in 43 minutes of playing. that is the way i usally fare when i am playing poker (i usally make $25-30 in a bad hour, $30-40 in a good hour, and +$40 in a great hour), i usally make money at a rather quick rate, but squander it off within minutes after a bad beat, but now i am more focused, determined than ever before to NOT repeat the same mistakes I made earlier and TO manage my bankroll properly, i know i am such a @@@@@@@ idiot for throwing away my bankroll and hopefully I will NEVER do that again.

sorry but I don't believe that's your true win rate. Could you share your sn and which site you play on and I can check sharkscope? Maybe you had a good run where this was the case, but $25-30 a bad hour at the limits you claim you're playing??? That would be a super amazing hour, not a bad hour. I also doubt that you turned $100 into $700 in a week at bodog playing 5/10 and 10/25, unless you were first of all on a good run, and second of all playing like 8+ hours a day, which is basically a full time job. Basically I think you hit a hot run, expected to do as well all the time, got a dose of reality, panicked, and tilted. Obviously I didn't see it so I can't be sure, but that's my guess.

beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this thread should have been more of a poll than anything.

A. OP is great player, just horrible bankroll mngmt. skills
B. OP's math just doesn't add up and is a liar
C. OP is telling the truth just hasn't clued us in on something
D. gambling problem

I'm getting mixed idea's from other posters: My thoughts on this is that your math just doesn't add up. So, either you misinformed us on something. Or you are in denial and lying to yourself and to others trying to come up with reason for redepositing.

Also an ideal gambler: I doesn't have to be "About the money." It could be a little bit or a lot whatever it is. If your going to higher ranks you probably shouldn't be in just to chase down pots for a couple dollars, your more than likely gambling.

I also agree with BBB, but if you have a problem most likely you will go behind your wife's back in time. Which will progress into bigger problems.

Whatever it is I wish you with the best of luck

Last edited:
D

didimaketherightplay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i went through the same thing this month!

i began evaluating my play throughout my entire "career" of playing poker. i realized that i was nothing more than a compulsive gambler (when it came to poker at least.) I estimated that i was down 2500-3000 in about three years. I felt like an idiot considering i also consider myself a decent enough player to at least be breaking even overall. I soon realized that it wasn't a matter of ignorance, but lack of discipline that was killing me.

so now Ive decided that I'm depositing my last 110 dollars, if i lose it, thats it for a year! i was gonna quit long enough to forget about poker. The prospect of a year without poker is scary quite frankly, So i HAVE to play responsibly.

Semicolonkid

Semicolonkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, if there is that one small chance that you're telling the complete truth, then if you followed BRM it's practically gauranteed you'd be nothing but a winning player!

What's weird is, you're constantly saying you know you're making a mistake, then you come in with a post on how you turned whatever small amount into whatever large amount, when THIS is ALSO a mistake!!! You act as though tilt is the only mistake being made, when the fact of the matter is the actions it requires to make that much from that little is a mistake as well.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
take three weeks off and then quit :)

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you answered your own question... BANKROLL MANAGEMENT..

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this thread should have been more of a poll than anything.

A. OP is great player, just horrible bankroll mngmt. skills
B. OP's math just doesn't add up and is a liar
C. OP is telling the truth just hasn't clued us in on something
D. Gambling problem

B.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone remind me the full screen name of "OP" please.

My guess is he's 13 years old and has nothing better to do than make a new screen name every day. Tricks are for kids you silly rabbit.

beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This wouldn't be the $5000 guy, would it? :)

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe so. I think he got banned or something? I haven't heard the whole story yet of what happened and why we think he's doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management