Self-knowledge x poker = better performance

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Among poker players, especially those just starting out on their journey, frustrations are very common. This is due to many factors such as: "I played right and lost by bad luck", "I did everything right the entire tournament and fell into the bubble (before the prize money)" among countless other situations, which usually relate to merit, or comparison compensation.

Carrying this kind of mindset during your session is unlikely to bring good results or solve the problem, not to mention that in some situations your judgment can be tainted by your ego.

The mind has a block, or a defense system that always seeks to justify its attitudes and prove that “I am right” or “that player is terrible” and this certainly does not bring you clarity about the real facts and generates an unnecessary accumulation of information. and an overload of contradictions that will negatively impact your performance.

Being impartial and calm is essential for a better understanding of situations and for making the best decision.

-If you think a bad player, discover his flaw and exploit it, don't look for excuses to give him your chips. Isn't it a little contradictory that you always lose to bad players?

-If you think you always fall on the bubble in a tournament, wouldn't it be more correct to risk a little less? Don't fight the facts!

-If you always have the same impression that you're going to lose on the river, don't blame the deck or the poker site, watch it calmly and make the best decision, don't fight what you can't change.

Realize that most of the solutions are in questioning and self-knowledge and not in unfounded statements, such statements only bring more confusion. So stop judging others mistakes or events you can't control, focus on yourself!

That's the only thing we can change, problems will lessen, doubts will calm down and finally clarity of discernment.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Great post! (y)I think it's a good representation of growth mindset vs scarcity mindset.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's amazing when a player bad beats an opponent, he or she often attributes it to skill. Yet when they themselves get bad beaten they attribute it to their opponent's poor play or their own bad luck. Patience and perseverance, my friends.