shrtstakatak

shrtstakatak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[Posted earlier didn't get much response moved here]

Hi all,

I am a new poster and lurker here. Saw the private tourneys at pokerstars(PS) and looked you guys up. Awsome forum. Blah blah...

My question:

How does one go about determining just how good one is at playing poker? Can you rely soley on bank roll? Relative winning over x period of time?

I've been playing online for about 3 years. Micro limits to say the least. Humble success online and live, too. And by success here I merely mean I am not in the red.

My trepidation comes from thinking I can go up in limits and the fear of not being able to play with the big boys. The fear here again is that the learning curve would be too steep for my bankroll, if you know what I mean?

Any thoughts or experiences??

:dontknow:

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your not 100% committed to the risk you won't receive the reward. In other words you can't play with scared money. So don't.:):):)

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turning a consistant profit, and having a good knowledge of the game of Poker is a winning player.

Also being able to take the up and downswings, whilst holding good bankroll management is also a key factor.

If you are doing this, you win.

I lack proper BR management skills so in my eyes im not a winning player even though I have good knowledge of the game and am profiting. The more experience and time you put into playing and the more you learn from outside sources like books etc, will indeed increase your chances of becoming a winning player.

I'd guess 90% of stories ive read about people going busto on here is because of poor BR mngmt skills.

BR management IMO is the most difficult skill to master so goodluck unless you are rich.

Last edited: