luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I remember some poker players 15 years ago, cheerful and handsome. How old they are he looks like 70 last month.Maybe drugs.
I saw they he not looking good but actualy yong people

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, this is only in promotional videos - poker is fun and a lot of money. In reality, it’s difficult regular work on your game and quite difficult gaming sessions accompanied by prolonged immobility and psychological pressure. Poker (online or offline) is never "quick, easy money" in this day and age.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It's not just a poker thing.

More like having a job that's very stressful, requires a high level of critical thinking and where one sits on their ass all day isn't really that great for the human body/mind. Specially if one is lazy, doesn't look after them shelves, workout, and doesn't keep a good work/real life balance. Which I bet a lot of players making a living playing don't look after them shelves or keep a good work/real life balance.

Been playing poker 20+ years. I'm 51. When I'm clean shaven I can still pass for mid-late 30's. Hell when I was early 30's I was still being ID if I went to a new bar/club.

Cheers!!!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker is not the culprit here, It is the choices we make in life that mould us into what we are today, If you choose to do drugs and get addicted to them then of course there are consequences, I know of some beautiful ladies that have lost weight and look haggard today because of drug addiction, and it is not always drugs, Some famous actors have gone through plastic surgery chasing eternal youth and some look like Frankenstein Monsters today because they have gone too far with it.
Choices we make today will always bite you in the butt in the future, If you make the wrong choices! Poker has nothing to do with it!

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The poker rooms design things so you spend maximum time on their site. Just look at these awful steps like power path where it is so easy to get sucked into the vortex and play for too long. Sometimes you successfully win and all of a sudden another table pops up before you can unregister and there you sit for another hour.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also know people who are addicted to gambling and poker in particular. These are unhappy people. One of them’s wife left him, another constantly owes money to the people around him. But the reason for all this is not poker, but addiction. Just like with alcohol: one person can drink a little and the next day continue to live their normal life, while another, if he drinks, then drinks for a week or longer and cannot stop. If a person is prone to addiction, then he simply does not need to play cards or drink alcohol, and then he will not have problems.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The live poker tour is a tough way to make a living.

Between the travel, the late hours, sitting for long periods of time, and the parties- it will make you old quick.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I remember some poker players 15 years ago, cheerful and handsome. How old they are he looks like 70 last month.Maybe drugs.
Look what poker has done to dinosaurs....
.... Only bones remained from them. Look what poker did to the aliens, .... they all turned green........ So my question. How strongly does poker affect climate change and tooth decay in schoolchildren?

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not poker is controlled by a person, a person is the master of his emotions.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This year I'll be turning 70, I don't feel like I'm 70, and it doesn't feel like I'm anymore and I've been playing for more than 55 years, it all depends on you and your behavior, on 01/31 when I was in a poker house, I met a Japanese gentleman at one of the tables looking 90 years old, Steady, strong and happy

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A sedentary lifestyle, nervous sessions, irregular eating of unhealthy foods... Players are young and rarely think about their health.

Carstten

Carstten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I retuned at the tables after 2 years, and the sensen of win although only a small tornatment (small buy-in), boost my confidence in myself. It's as an energy recharge, but only concentrate me, in the good results, the bads just I ignore, to maintenace the sensation.

Greetings guys :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think poker has a very strong effect on people's psyche and makes you think a lot about poker sometimes upsets a person because of this, a person can age faster, but I still think that poker does not have a very big effect on a person's life if he loses if a person's strong character looks the same as without poker

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
For example, Negreanu, think that losing 2 million won't affect a person!I can see he's not looking good for a while,I think poker is to blame!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'll tell you more: I've transformed into a fox! Sometimes when I play poker, I really want to run into the wood and catch some chickens during a 5-minute break. But I try to control myself. But my keyboard is covered in fur, because my fur has started to shed. :eek: