My sad friend

Ace de Espadas

Ace de Espadas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have this friend who always claims that his best game is 7 stud. I think he just says that because he wants to sound like he is good at multiple games. Like Phil Ivey for instance. His top game is stud, than holdem, he isnt faking it. Im thinking my friend wants to be like him, or look like a multiskilled poker player. How do I know my friend sucks at stud? I have played him many times and won too easily. I win early on and just watch his little chip stacks minimize to nothing.

A hand full of times he will claim that he thought there was another card we hadn't recieved yet. Too bad for him it isn't 8 card stud. I just want him to shut his trap about him being great at stud.

Any thoughts?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Challenge him to some heads up Badugi to see how all-around skilled he really is.

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Challenge him to some heads up Badugi to see how all-around skilled he really is.
What in the hell is Badugi? Am I missing some humor here or is this really a game?:)

Jesus Lederer

Jesus Lederer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t understand why do you want to prove that he is wrong. If he likes claiming that his best game is stud, then let him be.
If he´s your friend you don´t have to get so mad about it. Anyway if you want to prove that he´s lying just play with him an extend series of heads up (if you are good at stud).

http://www.tribecatables.com/badugi.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jesus Lederer said:
Thanks JL. I learn something new every day. I still have to say I fancy a good game of 52-pickup.;)

Ima6T4

Ima6T4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't get through on this link, so if there is another one, plese post it. I was wondering what the heck badugi was myself.

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ima6T4 said:
I can't get through on this link, so if there is another one, plese post it. I was wondering what the heck badugi was myself.
Are you trying to get through on the original link or the one in my quote? That might be the difference.

Ima6T4

Ima6T4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Dennis, that was the glitch. Whether or not either name goes back further, I know this game as Dookie. It's been around for as long as I've played cards, but don't find too many people that play it. A popular variation is the draw is only 2 then 1 and you must have 7 or under dookie to win. In a must have game, the bluff comes into play more.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Jesus. If your friend says he can walk on water, why do you need to prove him wrong? Just stand with the life vest when he tries.

He says he is great at stud, who cares. I know several people that are legends in their own minds in certain things. The only time I think you should do anything is if he is blowing alot of money playing stud and just losing it all because he thinks he should be able to crack the game.