Sacrifice for success?

P

PlayGamer78

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the vast majority of cases, success is a total reflection of your dedication. And extreme dedication requires sacrifice. To sacrifice yourself, you really need to want and be aware that success depends on the number of hours effectively invested”.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
In the vast majority of cases, success is a total reflection of your dedication. And extreme dedication requires sacrifice. To sacrifice yourself, you really need to want and be aware that success depends on the number of hours effectively invested”.
I think you are right, very competent logic, where do you get such smart thoughts from, tell us your success(y)(y)

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you entirely and completely. Only you need to realize that success depends only on yourself.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Good point.dedication means to sacrifice something in order to achieve a goal.But not every time works..

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I edited your thread title for you, please let me know if you would like it changed to something else as 'subject' wasn't particularly specific. :)

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Be more especific please, what kind of sacrifices are you refering to?

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing is, even though they have more hours than some people, they may have more resources and be able to achieve in less time.
This is why meritocracy is a lie.

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every sacrifice has its reward, but in poker the results will always be seen in the long term so you have to be patient.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the vast majority of cases, success is a total reflection of your dedication. And extreme dedication requires sacrifice. To sacrifice yourself, you must want and be aware that success depends on the number of hours actually invested”.
I don't say sacrifice, but moving up in poker is painful and sometimes a bit stressful.

It demands a lot of your mental state, you have to be careful not to lose control.

smuckenfart

smuckenfart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Sacrifice would be intentionally betting with a total shit hand to a showdown perhaps two or three times to make people believe you're a fish.

Dedicating time to study even in extreme amounts is an investment, and it's only a sacrifice if you're giving up something that would otherwise make you at least in part equally happy. In sports, for example, athletes are fighting against their prime as the body inevitably ages, and so they sacrifice doing regular childhood or teenage things to pursue excellence in their brief window. I don't see that poker has the same imperative, so I don't see the "sacrifices" made to study or put in table time with the same regard.

Unless you neglect your family and your wife leaves you.
Well played.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is true, success in any business (poker is no exception) depends on
first of all, on the number of hours that you spent on
improvement of skills in this matter, both practical and theoretical

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do one thing to the extreme to get really good at it then there are a whole bunch of other things that you will not be doing.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hours ? just numbers. Sacrifice? words. let's go ilha

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Absolutely, but for me, I sacrifice more than time. I sacrifice monster hands when I probably don't have the nuts. I sacrifice my position when dweebs are going all in preflop against my AK with 120BB and I fold because I know that may not be a winning play. I sacrifice days when I should be focusing on other chores/tasks. I have a family and I do my best not to sacrifice anything for them, but at the end of the day, I find that I do that a little too. And yes, absolutely, I sacrifice many hours and hell I even sacrifice my sanity sometimes. Being sucessful in poker deserves a lot of sacrifice, but I mainly look at it as disciplined sacrifices. For instance, are you willing to sacrifice all your remaining chips on that AK, would you sacrifice your whole bankroll on one game, would you risk starting a tournament when you have been up for 14 hours. No, you probably shouldn't, these are not real sacrifices, these are bad decisions. As for poker, praticing discipline and using it as a strategy will limit how much actual sacrificing you need to do.

A person that plays as much poker as they can and does not sleep right, eat right, exercise right, and take time for their mind to relax will be doomed in poker. It stands to reason that success in poker does not always come down to sacrifices, but discipline and patience. Skill will always trump sacrifice because in the end you don't give up anything.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hard work pays off, but in some cases it doesn´t

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is a good message that you offer, I have not yet achieved the desired success but I do observe many changes and improvements due to that time invested