My Run

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in a regular Tuesday night game at a pub in Johannesburg and the structure is fair, blinds start at 10/20, starting stack of 1500 with blinds increasing every 20 minutes.

Its a decent field of up to 80 players and the tourney can last up to 6 hours.

I have won it once before and have made the final table about 6 times.

The players range from complete and utter donks, to some seriously talented players, ages ranging from 19 to 50.

Its not an extremely difficult field to get through, however it can be tough when we get to the last 3 tables and the donks have moved on and all thats left are the better players.

I have had a good run the last 4 weeks, finishing 7th, 3rd, 4th and then 6th tonight.

Sure I should be pleased that I have been consistent with my string of final tables but I am struggling to clean up.

Tonight, short stacked, I shoved with 99 and got called with kq suited and a queen fell on the river. sure its a cooler and I actually wanted a caller in order to double up but its still no comfort when I try to figure out where the hole in my game is that wont allow me to just clean up and dominate at the FT.

Any suggestions ? Or should I just be content with my results ?

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99 vs. KQ and a Q fell makes it a cooler?

Either way if you are saying there are fairly good players there and your making the final table that regularly then you cant expect to win it every time. 99 vs. KQ is a coinflip, you could have just as easily won that and gone on your way to a win. Dont be content but realize that making the final table of an 8-9 table tournament on a regular basis is very good.

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99 vs. KQ and a Q fell makes it a cooler?

um, forgive my ignorance, but if I had the best hand preflop (sure even though there were overcards to beat me, I was still about 55% favourite to win the hand) but is that not a cooler? Its not a bad beat.

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

um, forgive my ignorance, but if I had the best hand preflop (sure even though there were overcards to beat me, I was still about 55% favourite to win the hand) but is that not a cooler? Its not a bad beat.

Cooler or cold deck usually means alot of huge hands. If you had 99 and he had KQ and the flop was 99K, turn K, then river K then thats the ultimate cold deck, or that would be a cooler. 99 losing to KQ with a higher pair isnt a cooler, just a slight favorite losing to a slight dog.