ROI in sit and go tournaments

Y

younggun03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats up guys i need some advice on whats a good expected ROI in sit and go tournaments? I need a realistic number that i can compare my results too.
thanx, younggun03

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a positive ROI is a good place to start.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What buyin are you playing?

At the higher levels ($100+), any positive ROI over a big sample size is great. In the medium and smaller games, players can get up to %30 ROI long-term, but anything positive is good, really. %10-%20 is nice :)

Y

younggun03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What buyin are you playing?

At the higher levels ($100+), any positive ROI over a big sample size is great. In the medium and smaller games, players can get up to %30 ROI long-term, but anything positive is good, really. %10-%20 is nice :)

k thanx thats a start, now how many sit and go's is a good sample to see if im ready to move up a level?
thanx, younggun03

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you really want a by-the-book answer, then you should be playing around 1000+ STTs for every level to get enough of a sample size to really determine if you can beat them.

I think if you're starting out with the <$10s, then playing in the 1000s isn't needed. They're pretty easily beatable, and after a hundred or more you'll know if you can beat them.

As you move up in levels you should probably take more time at each stake since they'll get harder and harder, and you might not know if you're truly beating them or if it's just variance.

I was running at %60 ROI when I moved to the $16 turbos at Stars after a few hundred games, but that soon came crashing down before I could move up. I'm now at a healthy %15 :)