River line check

K

Kidsoldja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain hasn't been been at the table for more than an orbit.

Does anyone do anything other than b/f on the river vs an unknown? Is the bet sizing on the river and earlier streets fine?

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

BB: $23.27
Hero (UTG): $25.00
MP: $19.03
CO: $46.88
BTN: $18.96
SB: $41.55

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with
kh.gif
as.gif

Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, CO calls $0.85, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.05)
kc.gif
4s.gif
5d.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.05)
2d.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $4.25, CO calls $4.25

River: ($13.55)
8s.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $7, CO raises to $18.40, Hero requests TIME, Hero folds

R

Russ gervasi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you made a good fold. Nobody wants to go broke with top pair. It's close tho. You only have to be right half the time to justify a call. . It depends on what kinda player Co is. If he called your bet of 4.25 into 5.05 with just a 6,7 (unless 6d,7d) then he's really overpaying draws. Also, could be playing K,8 in position...could have flopped 2 pair with 4,5 and slow played but i would think he would raise the flop or turn if he's a good player. Bottom two doesn't always hold up and there is a number of cards he would not want to see. Could of flopped a set. I don't know... I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Wardo420

Wardo420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play .10/.25 nl but I was pretty sure max buy in is $25, and villain currently has ~$47. If I am wrong disregard and smack me upside the head.

I think bet sizing up to river looks good, pretty much in line with what I would have done (but what do I know right, haha). I dont know about the river, he has called decent sized bets up to then (3/4 pot bet on flop, and ~pot on river). Hard to decide vs. an unknown between betting the river or checking. Check call a smaller bet maybe? Could be a weaker king say KQ or KJ, although I dont see them reraising the river w/ those hands. Maybe 44 or 55 setting you up for the river reraise? As played I think a bet fold is fine with no reads on villain.