Returning to Poker

C

chako_pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, Im basically making this post as more of a question/rant about what your experience and thoughts about poker were in the past, as well as sharing a bit of my poker story. I was pretty active a couple of years ago and i started playing online back in the early days of pokerstars. I had this dream/goal to make a bankroll from scratch and be good enough to earn money without putting any of my own money in. I started playing pokerstars freerolls for fun back when those gave you a ticket for a prize money tourney. Needless to say i had a rough time getting results but since i was doing it out of fun i kept playing a lot of freerolls until eventually i became a decent player. Finally i started having some good results and eventually i was able to earn my first bucks in pokerstars and start my ``bankroll´´. it wasnt much abou the money i earned but the fact that i was now good enough to actually win at least some money on tourneys. I continued to play and once i had enough i started playing tables, by this point i had been playing online poker for years now and zoom was just coming out, i started playin zoom tables and having mixed results. I also continued to play tourneys also showing some good results but by then i had managed to gather 20 odd dollars and i decided this was good enough to start my bankroll and switched to playing more zoom tables. Needless to say i had some good days but more bad ones and i ended up losing my bankroll, it didnt help that freerolls were now scarcer and it became more and more difficult to earn money from scratch as i had oddly managed to do before and by then i was somewhat new to cardschat. I played some freerolls here even winning some money too but by then i kinda felt defeated and poker wasnt as fun anymore as it once was so i just stopped playing and stepped away. The same thing had happened with chess for me at the time and recently i started playing chess on my phone again and even started following the competitive chess world which has maintained my interest and kept chess fun for me and i realized it had been a bunch of years since i last played poker and decided to check how pokerstars was doing and having some games. Well i started playing out of nostalgia and basically playing some playmoney tournaments(yes those bankroll builder playmoney) and so far i started playing this week and have played 4 playmoney tourneys and made bank on 2 of them on 1 of them even placing 11th which told me i still kind of have that tourney grinder gene in me, i also noticed the only realist avenue for me to earn some bank through freerolls was cardschat which i was already familiar and an old member so i decided to check if i still had my account and i did.

To close i want to say that Im back and wish me luck.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got discouraged on Black Friday, lost couple thousand, and quit for a while. Upset I couldn't get my money out of those sites. Later, I started back up. I have stakes in half a dozen sites now, all but 1 started with freerolls. Two years ago, I started playing Fortnite with my grandkids online, located in California and Florida. They haven't been playing as much as they used to, so I'm back to poker. Spending time with them online, winning and losing games together, was fun while it lasted.