Reporting collusion

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever suspected players at your table of colluding, in spite of lacking any real hard evidence? I was playing a 6-max STT super turbo on FTP a short while ago, and honestly believe that, when it got down to 3 players, the other two I was up against were soft-playing each other.

After I started getting mild, funny feelings about their play, I checked these players' locations, and it turned out they were both from Italy. I felt as though they were purposely trying to stay out of each others' way. Also, even though both of them were only 1-tabling, they seemed abnormally slow to act, which made me think they were conferring behind the scenes.

None of this, in and of itself, proves anything. Super turbos are, for the most part, about dodging each others' shoves and raises. However, I've been playing a ton of super turbos as of late, and this is the first time I've sensed anything like this.

I got knocked out in third when my "shove ATC spot" was called by Kings, but decided to watch the rest of the game play out and keep an eye on these two. My suspicions were strengthened when, very soon after I was gone, the two agreed to chop without ever having talked about it in the FTP chat window (i.e. they most likely discussed this deal on some external chat client).

Soon after this game was over, I saw them both join the same table of another super turbo. I observed this one from start to finish, and again it seemed as though these two players never directly attacked each other. Then when that game over, both of them moved to yet another super turbo.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that during the registration stage of a game, when only one of these players was registered and the table was filling up quickly, he would deregister as if intent on giving the other a chance to register in the same game as him.

While observing these latter games I was extremely tempted to warn the other players at the table, "Watch out guys, I have reason to believe 'Italian Player 1' and 'Italian Player 2' are colluding", but ultimately decided against it because I didn't want to face potential repercussions for falsely accusing other players. I really wanted to, though, because if I was right (and I'm more than 50% sure I am), these other players deserve to know what they're up against.

I'll report these players to FTP, and hopefully they'll be able to correctly confirm or disprove my suspicions.

If you have any experience with reporting suspected cheating, or ever been witness to behavior that made you suspicious, feel free to talk about it here.

Last edited: