Reported for botting??

B

ButtonDog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also sorry that you failed the test. You typed in small rather than capital letters.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ub froze me

a year or two ago ub had a promotion to cash in your ub points for like 5 cents or something i forget and i multitabled 1/2 cent tables and played supertight...i lost money playing but made like 200 a week from the points..they froze my account and i had to email them telling them i wasnt a bot ..that i was working my ass and fingers off to make it to the top level and if they didnt offer the cash in deal i wouldnt have played like a bot....i was playing 12-14 hours a day...they unfroze my account ... there were lots of others playing even more than me...

K

kevbowen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always heard that bots have trouble with no limit. I'm pretty sure that I've identified a few but didn't report them. The bots may have been not of the highest quality, but they would fold just about anything with a >3.5 X BB raise, and never raised more than a min raise.....easy to capitalize on.

it will give you several opportunities to type correctly. Sometimes the code is jumbled together and hard to make out certain characters, also the characters are NOT case sensitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
dexter smith

dexter smith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is just crazy, I have never heard of a bot player, it seems wierd to me that someone would beable to use a bot, or whatever, to play. I guess there is a whole lot I have to learn about online poker.

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should take that as a compliment

Winter75

Winter75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't remember where I read the article, I think it was Card Player monthly, they were doing an article on poker bots and interviewing a few poker site techs and there had been some big to do about poker stars and Absolute being the easiest sites to bot on because of lax security or something so Absolute said they now do more updates to try to keep up with the technological savvy of the people creating the bots and Poker Stars stated that they do random player checks and if you get certain runs and wins they will also do the check for that because bots can't decode the wording things. Was a pretty interesting article on what sites were more lax about it then others.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last and only time I saw one of those was at a SNG, never at the rings. I'm not sure how players get chosen, other than the fact that I hadn't typed anything in the chat and played extremely tight. I really wonder if someone at a table can call a mod if they're suspicious and they'll test you out though.

KevGuy

KevGuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well tell us... are you a bot?? lol. Thats crazy, you must have been makeing very quick decisions or playing on a crazy amount of tables for someone to report you... or you were winning there money. :D. Well, hopefully you didnt get into any trouble, GL!

Nek

Nek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha im not sure if this is a automatic random thing but if not someone on my tables reported me as a bot?? Haha.

Surely you must have been playing with a snitch....Good idea though to report someone as a bot,if he's winning...LOL:)

blazin321

blazin321

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is pretty funny YOU BOT!!
I just gotta say wow at the fact you can get a bot to play poker for you, i have created bots for irc before and what not and to trust a piece of software to play my game is just what id never do......imagine it goes on bot tilt lol

K

Kottonmouthed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had that happen once to I figured it was random but then maybe it was I was playin 3 tourneies at once and was leading all three tables but yea thats odd