Relaxation Techniques

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lil smoke

make sure i eat,have the tunes ready,have a cold soda on stand by,and try block the rest of the world out,good luck on the felts baby:cool:

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I enter a poker tournament, I try to disconnect myself from everything around me, and focus only on the game, it also helps a song to relax.

U

Uglyside38

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How often do you cash? Are you making profit long term? Say, 1 of 5 tourney cashes? If not, you ought to drop in stakes until you can cash more consistently. Bank roll management should be something that, when implemented correctly, will automatically reduce stress due to the amount of potential loss in relation to total bankroll...

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing tournaments I deal with a whole lotta nerves and anxiety. The uncertainty of it all always has a way of suppressing my appetite and commanding my attention. Yet, not matter how solid of a game I play, the nerves and anxiety never dies down. Any relaxation techniques to help the nerves die down?
Relaxation will not help, read a book that helped me, this book is very good and helped a lot of players! "The Mental Game of Poker " Jared Tendler

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fear of losing is one of the causes that make you tense when you start to fold in plays that you could win, so relax and stay calm concentrating on the game that as you relax you will feel safe and the probability of winning more than losing increases

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I have noticed that some players who have collected a large stack, go offline. this is also a good way to take a break from the game

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am finally getting the nerves back down after not playing for so long. I just rely on the math, and play the hands as good as I can. All else whatever you do you can not change.
It helps with trying to figure out what the other players are doing if you are more relaxed. It doesn't help to relax by playing against knuckle heads. lol When they get you upset it is upsetting.

Lucky Alalk

Lucky Alalk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
meditation is the best answer, practice myself, changed me a lot

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately, I'm very excited when I lose. But I listen to music and try to relax. Did you try that?

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it gets harder I take a beer and listen to music and then I'm relaxed.It's hard to stay calm and relaxed after 7 hours game. It's difficult to maintain concentration.Everyone has to find a way to return energy individually.

A

AaaB0rat3000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch films, drink tea or listen to relaxing music :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When i playing a always enjoy game.
If you don't get pleasure, maybe, you need to find something else.
For example, chess.

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Include your favorite cinema or music, make coffee and give the brain a chance to relax from poker

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to relax I listen to classical music while I play

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Listen some music, stand up, make exercises and think you can not control everything. Focus on stabilizing your emotions, it's just one game of a lot of them, win or lose it will not make you better or worse player, carry on your strategy and outcomes come in the long run... looooooooooooong, very, much, too, big, large run. So calm down and study to be a better player day by day.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a lot of control problem, in the last few weeks I have used music as a relaxation lever, with me it has worked.

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just need to play poker for fun ... But do not lose concentration .. for this music helps me ...

J

joksic7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually get some coffe to help me to relax in the tournaments... Or a good music

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My 3 cents.
1.Don't play with money you cannot afford to lose. 2.Drop stakes for awhile and see if you relax more.
3.Play some freerolls where you can only win money and not lose.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important thing for you to do is relax, clear your mindset before even registering to any tourney. Do not TILT or get nervous after u lose a big hand. Forgot everything about your loss and continue playing like u played before. I was very nervous player at the beginning when i started to play, but i found that not gonna help me or improve my game. So just chill, relax. Win or Lose play the same never rage/tilt.

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try this: Use the respiration break every time to relax. Sit in a comfortable chair. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Concentrate and in the next few minutes this must be the only thing you do. Easy, strong and very healing.