Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my point of view, we may do all the possible things, follow all advices about the mindset improvement and etc, but the fact is, when we're hit by a downswing, a bad beat, or we are eliminated from a table, this feeling of frustration comes, and all those thoughts, preparations play the role to, at least, make up our minds in how to deal with it.
So my question is how long it takes to you get rid of this bad feeling, until you're ready for more?
When this happen to me, it takes me about half an hour to get totally rid of it.
Tell me the truth:)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are different situations, and sometimes it takes me a few days to fully recover. But in most cases, a short break, such as a two-hour walk, helps me.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to poker so have yet to be seriously effected by this

I only play for fun at the moment as my skill level is not up to playing for more so I'm able to deal with the inevitable downswings a little easier

I'm guessing this will progressively get harder the more focus and attention I pay to poker and the more it means to me

Good luck out there

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a bad day I usually take the day off. The next day I am ready and prepared :)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my case, it takes very little time. All thanks to daily meditation. I meditate for only 15 minutes a day, and thanks to this I get rid of negative energy and fully restore my strength.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have long accepted this as part of the game, so the frustration goes away as soon as the next hand starts)))

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Half an hour is a fast recovery from tilt. Mine is disappears the next morning. Until then, my mood will be ruined until I sleep.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my point of view, we may do all the possible things, follow all advices about the mindset improvement and etc, but the fact is, when we're hit by a downswing, a bad beat, or we are eliminated from a table, this feeling of frustration comes, and all those thoughts, preparations play the role to, at least, make up our minds in how to deal with it.
So my question is how long it takes to you get rid of this bad feeling, until you're ready for more?
When this happen to me, it takes me about half an hour to get totally rid of it.
in reality it is always a psychological effect that is prolonged much longer by our thoughts and the losing streak lengthens because we play with fear of losing again and lose focus on our game and we can make bad decisions perhaps by folding the best hand out of fear of losing or playing annoyed or frustrated by the bad beata. The best thing would be to stop for a few days and accept that these things happen and turn the page and see if we have made mistakes and correct them, but if we have made the correct movements and lose due to variance or bad luck, we must accept it with a bitter taste and pass the page, but if it happens very often it is better to take a few days off.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing online for about 16 years now, and just now have begun to accept that it's just part of the game. I've known it's part of playing for years, but just now accepting it :) ... Still hard to take, but I might take a day or so off from playing then I just play it out.

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot where I read/heard this, but it was something to the effect of, downswings don't exist because probability doesn't have a memory, and all hands prior to, win or lose don't matter. All that matters is you make correct decisions as best as you can, and if you're a winning player it will be a net positive in the long run. But losing session after session can be demotivating and frustrating, but if you use proper bankroll management and can detach emotionally, avoiding results-oriented thinking as you play your A game you'll be fine (if you're a winning player).

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to have the ability to overcome it by the time you sit down to play again.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in the first place you shouldn't have this feeling if you have the right mindset about the game. If you just play the best game you can and at the end be realistic about it.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

It depends.

I can only play on line (no live poker in my neck of the woods) so I am fairly measured about things and some bad beats do not faze me at all. At other times they do.

If I have been outplayed or the villain has a stronger starting hand I have no issue. When I have been card dead for several orbits then get dealt strong pair say queens but promptly run into kings that irritates.

Of late I have been playing very strong hands to find that somehow, without fail another player has the stone cold nuts by the flop (its happened again and again). This kind of extended or protracted 'happenstance' really does grind and it has been affecting my play for weeks now.