Recording Sessions

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to start keeping records of my SNG sessions. I play two tables, usually two $10 + $1. After cashing out a couple months ago, I started fresh from $22 and now have a br of around $1100. I'm looking for some suggestions of how any of you keep track of your profits. I was thinking maybe using MS Excel and making a spread sheet of each buy-in, profit, and time. Any ideas?

Dewmz

Dewmz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JP, you got rid of Annette :eek:*

*This thread hijacking brought to you in part by the letters..um..and the number 13

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have an excel spreadsheet that I made for recording my profits, if you want it I'll attach it here, let me know if you have any questions about it.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I plugged my first SNG into Poker Dominator tonight-but here's a question. If I'm playing to tables simultaneously, won't my profit/hour be different? Should I combine these buy ins and results into one session. Other-wise, say my profit is $10 over the two tournaments. If I plug in 60 minutes for each one, will the program read it as two hours total?

Edit: For example I just got 3rd in a $10 SNG for no cash. I won the $20 for $78. So 78 minus the two buy ins of 22 and 11 equals $45 in profit over about the last hour and fifteen minutes. Now, by inputting this into the Dominator as two separate games, my hourly rate will only show $21 per hour or something instead of the $45...any way to change this?

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just drop the money for pokertracker and pahud, it'll be more than worth your money. Unless you're good with math and excel, you won't find many great free alternatives.

I mean do you really want to plug all that info into pokerdominator every time you play a stt? (I remember using that damn thing in the past...hated it :p)

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an excel spreadsheet that I made for recording my profits, if you want it I'll attach it here, let me know if you have any questions about it.

that'd be great.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listed some free sites in this thread. But yeah, getting PT is your best bet, as it will function as a br manager and more.