To Rebuy or not to Rebuy

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you say "conceded" do you mean "conceited"? You know they have 2 different meanings. I dont think I had any intention of asking something "I had an answer to". I posted what a pro had said to me and I wanted to know how others felt. I am not sure myself when to rebuy and add on. I have played it many ways. I was asking for other peoples opinions. Not that I wouldnt rebuy but to try to understand the dynamics of rebuy. Your posts are the ones that are patronizing and sort of "conceited" Professorial in approach but not understanding my question. Which is fine. Because the post did generate a lot of feedback and vaious responses that I found interestin
S L O W L Y now. I am not advocating not rebuying but when, how, and why. I know it might be a lot for you to grasp. But please dont assume I am saying enter but dont buy. Its a discussion forum guy.

Well I mean conceded I think, in that you knew your view really wasn't going to get alot of votes, but if you prefer conceited, that is ok too.
As to the rest of your post, again just look at what everyone said.
AND for the record, show me where Phil says this... or did he only tell you, did he let you in on his biggest secret? :p I cannot for the life of me believe that if he did enter a rebuy, that he is not going to take advantage of it... again no pro would do that, if he really doesnt like rebuys why enter them at all...
Anyways, hope you find the answer to what you are looking for. Obviously Phil told you something that I cant imagine any other pro saying, under any circumstance... if Phil said it...

G

gtycoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played in many rebuys lately, but I use to a while back. When I did, I would rebuy even when I didn't have to... Everytime I was all-in I would quickly rebuy and even if I won the pot, the rebuy chips would also be added to my chip stack. I remember many of us did this and people would call it cheating, but the poker software allowed us to do it, and everyone could do it equally, so I thought might as well do it. I don't like rebuys anymore so I couldn't tell you if that is still possible.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They fixed that awhile back. I play them occasionally. I played one today, did one rebuy as soon as I sat down. Brought me up to 3000. Didnt lose any chips, didnt do another rebuy, though I did do an addon at the break. In my eyes that is perfect in a rebuy tournament, the buy in, plus instant rebuy, then the addon. Doesn't get any better...

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have no idea what this thread is about just wanted to say hey to KD, good to see you around the site sir.
Ah thanks Kenzie, nice to see you still around mate. Maybe see you at the tables soon?

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I mean conceded I think, in that you knew your view really wasn't going to get alot of votes, but if you prefer conceited, that is ok too.
As to the rest of your post, again just look at what everyone said.
AND for the record, show me where Phil says this... or did he only tell you, did he let you in on his biggest secret? :p I cannot for the life of me believe that if he did enter a rebuy, that he is not going to take advantage of it... again no pro would do that, if he really doesnt like rebuys why enter them at all...
Anyways, hope you find the answer to what you are looking for. Obviously Phil told you something that I cant imagine any other pro saying, under any circumstance... if Phil said it...

Why do you think I was advocating to not rebuy? Is it just plain stubborness? This is a forum. I said I had done it with some success. I wanted to know others opinion. What makes you the guy that everyone agrees with. I am not in contention with your thought. I just wanted to know others feelings. I know some who play a $3.30 event with a rebuy for 25K and dont rebuy. THey do OK. Im not advocating that. I want to know others opinion. Your attack on me personally is on you. I dont know what more I can tell you. If you are looking for an argument take it out on someone you live with.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you think I was advocating to not rebuy? Is it just plain stubborness? This is a forum. I said I had done it with some success. I wanted to know others opinion. What makes you the guy that everyone agrees with. I am not in contention with your thought. I just wanted to know others feelings. I know some who play a $3.30 event with a rebuy for 25K and dont rebuy. THey do OK. Im not advocating that. I want to know others opinion. Your attack on me personally is on you. I dont know what more I can tell you. If you are looking for an argument take it out on someone you live with.

Blah, lol. Yeah my point stands, absolutely no reason to enter a rebuy if you either cant afford to rebuy or if you dont plan on rebuying.

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jaketrevvor just recently payed $3.30 in a rebuy, with no rebuys or add-on, he did quite well, with a 2nd and over 3000 ppl:)

I think everyone plays them different, what works for some may not work well for others. I've tried different options and found what works for ME;)

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually (I would say 85%+) only take the rebuy right off, to double up and cover everyone at the table and the addon. So it really = into $9 for a $3 tourney. Thinking about it, I probably could of gotten away with not rebuying since I never busted out, but I like to have everyone at the table covered, so I get more chips if I do go allin.

sundown1234

sundown1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It goes with the flow

some rebuys work well if you get rivered or play stupid .Rebuys are full of fish and play them like you should .i like to soft play play tight and take there chips all the advice above is on the money in one senario or a other:deal: