Reached my second BR goal

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took me a month to double $50 to $100 (story here), but I have doubled $100 to $200 in a week. Still on PS .01/.02 NL tables, but figure I'll move up to the next level soon.

SNG still going well, but I think I need to start working on my HU play.

Not really sure my next BR goal. Might withdraw $50 to pay back my checking, might use some to buy PT. Might just sit tight and just work on hitting $300.

Thanks to everyone for helping me improve my game!

Attachments

• ins.jpg
    ins.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 5
aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerTracker is definitely worth the money. New version should be out soon. Be careful of setting monetary goals in poker, as you don't want them to interfere with making good decisions (for example, chasing losses when tired or on tilt, or, conversely, playing too conservatively when up money).

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats on hitting 200$
winning 20 buyins at 1c-2cnl in a week is quite sick
but keep it up :)

ooh and pokertracker is so worth the price tag :D

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how much do you sit down with at the .01/.02 tables?

Last edited:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerTracker is definitely worth the money. New version should be out soon. Be careful of setting monetary goals in poker, as you don't want them to interfere with making good decisions (for example, chasing losses when tired or on tilt, or, conversely, playing too conservatively when up money).

And your intelligence and wisdoms helps me again, I like this what your saying here...its a good and sometimes unthought of idea....many people dont look at it this way.....thanks

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how much do you sit down with at the .01/.02 tables?

Of late I play 4 tables with the max buy-in of $5/table. I think table selection has been a huge difference over the past couple of weeks.

I'll often play a $1+.20 SNG as well.

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks for the advice. As far as setting a $ BR goal, I was thinking more in terms of when to move up to the next level. I'd like to be $200+ before moving up -- and I'm there now, but because I intend to buy PT3 I'll probably play at my current level awhile longer.

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I was a little off my ring game tonight. Between misplayed hands and missed draws, at one point I was down ~$8 (1.5 max buy-ins). But I was able to recover and break even.

On the other hand, I placed 5th and 1st in 45-player SNG (losing two others, one when my pf all-in AA lost to 84s). Those will net me ~$9, so overall I am up for the night.

BR currently ~$221.

Attachments

• ins.jpg
    ins.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 6