Reached my first BR goal

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I deposited $50 to my PS account on 01/28/08. (You can read elsewhere how I lost my first $50 deposit because of BR mismanagement.)

Anyway, I've been playing the .01/.02 NL tables with the goal of recouping my first $50, and tonight I finally broke the $100 mark, so I have doubled my BR over the past month. Actually, I dropped to ~$56 about a week ago, so most of my gains have been in the last few days. Same level, and mostly ring games.

Even more, I feel like I have learned a ton. My ring game has improved dramatically (thanks in large part to CC), and I am doing much better at the $1+.20 SNG.

I don't intend on moving up to the next level anytime soon, I'll probably stay at the lowest limits until my BR reaches at least $200. As always, I'm open to advise from you more seasoned players.

Oh, and I'm halfway to achieving my $50 bonus.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice one on doubling your BR! :congrats:
If I were you I would play the 1c2c tables until you have $150, then hit NL5. Before you know it you will be beating NL25! :)

Last edited:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
comgrats way to stick to the management and not going out of your boundaries......keep it up and it will be rewarding!

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats, and I'm impressed at the fact that you're on your way to collecting your deposit bonus playing the 0.01/0.02 and $1 SnGs. I had to play higher stakes than that in order to collect mine just before the deadline last year.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice, and good job of not chasing your losses when you went down. BRM is a major part of poker and it seems like you're doing a good job with it so far. Keep it up.

P

phisig6057

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations on some very impressive results. BR management is one of the most important aspects of the game. It took me a while a several deposits to learn fom my mistakes. Good luck and keep on grinding!

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BR Update: $121

My SnG game seems to be improving as well.

Attachments

• ins.jpg
    ins.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 5
ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats insolitude, I remember I felt accomplished when I reached 100$ myself... right after that, second time I tried, I won a 4.40$ 180 man SnG that propelled me to over 300. I think that even though your bankroll is not enough to play in these, you should try once in a while, the amount of fish there is even bigger than in .01/.02 , and if you can beat these games regularly you might find it profitable to take this small risk.

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tip aborges, I'm anxious to try some of the higher SnG levels.

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now $145...

Attachments

• ins.jpg
    ins.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 5
insolitude