Random Poker Thoughts??

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Am I imagining things or is there someone out there teaching people to go all in w 2 suited cards? Feels like an epidemic. And then I had a really scary thought..perhaps it was a group of cheaters all doing the same thing knowing that sooner or later that strategy would work and they would ALL go home with the money. Geez.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
My random thought/question for day how/why can my last 8 MTT's end with AA vs KK and I lose everyone of them. 4 times with the AA and 4 times with KK? Poker and MTT variance can be just freaking gross. I suppose that's two thoughts lol.

Cheers!!!

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often wonder about those same things? They all equal out right?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah it's all variance guys. Nothing going on here.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IDK if you guys remember those continous $1500 freerolls on ACR about a year back. That place was loaded w cheating for sure. I have no proof but Im sure.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
IDK if you guys remember those continous $1500 freerolls on ACR about a year back. That place was loaded w cheating for sure. I have no proof but Im sure.
There were several people using multi accounting to get to a streamer's table to get their bounty and bragging about it on social media

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im sorry to hear that.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sadly some people play just to gamble. Go big or go home. When I am again one of them I will take a calculated risk to stack them. Its not really good for the game.

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Am I imagining things or is there someone out there teaching people to go all in w 2 suited cards? Feels like an epidemic. And then I had a really scary thought..perhaps it was a group of cheaters all doing the same thing knowing that sooner or later that strategy would work and they would ALL go home with the money. Geez.
I call this the dark side of poker. There are people who dedicate themselves to this to screw up the system. It happens more in events with few people or tournaments with less than 30 people. There are a group of about 10 or 20 people who all get into the tournament to play. with already thought out strategies and in the end the profits are shared equally!

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Yeah it's all variance guys. Nothing going on here.

20+ year micro/low stakes mainly pokerstars winning player here. I have no complaints overall it mostly all evens out in the long run.

Just an 8 MTT small sample size to start the 2024 off is all. Variance can be and is soul crushing doesn't matter if it's online or live even the best n the world can go longer then a year without a big cash.

Cheers!!!

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I have thoughts about what people think when they go all-in with cards like 3T of different suits, or with 27... Something suggests that people either don't really want to play the tournament, or they really hope for some kind of miracle (which is the last sometimes a bad joke is played on me)

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Sometimes when, apart from playing online poker, I am watching a series or a movie at the same time. Certainly sometimes I can't help it, as I said, maybe I lowered my concentration a little, but I can't help it.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sadly some people play just to gamble. Go big or go home. When I am again one of them I will take a calculated risk to stack them. Its not really good for the game.
I call this the dark side of poker. There are people who dedicate themselves to this to screw up the system. It happens more in events with few people or tournaments with less than 30 people. There are a group of about 10 or 20 people who all get into the tournament to play. with already thought out strategies and in the end the profits are shared equally!
it reaally makes you think about whether its foolish to commit any real money to a game. mayb live

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The problem here is not what you did, but why you did it. You didn't have to bet. Some poker luminaries claim that aggression is the key to success in no-limit poker. However, not everyone understands that aggression should be targeted and not automatic.If you lose, there is always a reason. This is poker, a game based on decision-making taking into account a positive mathematical expectation, which is determined by distance.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
it reaally makes you think about whether its foolish to commit any real money to a game. mayb live
It is not always online. I have seen stuff like that in live games as well. I watched a guy call after getting 3bet on the flop and turn to call an all in on the river with Ten High to love $350.. In a WPT main event I was playing in and watched a guy punt and call an all in with a pair lover than the board against a top professional. I have also seen some wild stuff in the wsop as well.

The thing is....................You want them to punt into you.

Last edited:
S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not always online. I have seen stuff like that in live games as well. I watched a guy call after getting 3bet on the flop and turn to call a all in on the river with Ten High to love $350.. In a WPT main event I was playing in and watched a guy punt and call a all in with a pair lover than the board angainst a to professional. I have also seen some wild stuff in the WSOP as well.

The thing is....................You want them to punt into you.
in canada?

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
20+ year micro/low stakes mainly Pokerstars winning player here. I have no complaints overall it mostly all evens out in the long run.

Just an 8 MTT small sample size to start the 2024 off is all. Variance can be and is soul crushing doesn't matter if it's online or live even the best n the world can go longer then a year without a big cash.

Cheers!!!
I just noticed at PokerStars they are using a different kind of shuffle, which I hope helps. I think acr is instituting something similar.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's much simpler, buddy. You're just playing poker, not preference. And that's fine.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I just noticed at PokerStars they are using a different kind of shuffle, which I hope helps. I think acr is instituting something similar.

I'm sure it likely does. Unlike many players I choose the site I play at wisely and when it comes to security and integrity Pokerstars pretty much has topped those lists for 20+ years. A lot of people down play and don't care about security and integrity over rewards, promotions and such. Their lose I guess.

I do feel bad for those that have no option and can't play at Pokerstars thou.

Cheers!!!

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a heads up. I played in an 18 man sit n go today at pokerstars for just chips (no money). I was really pleasantly surprised by the quality of play by most of the players . You get to experience different situations for "what the Hell" FREE. why not?

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure it likely does. Unlike many players I choose the site I play at wisely and when it comes to security and integrity Pokerstars pretty much has topped those lists for 20+ years. A lot of people down play and don't care about security and integrity over rewards, promotions and such. Their lose I guess.

I do feel bad for those that have no option and can't play at Pokerstars thou.

Cheers!!!
i feel the same way..! of the things I most like about the cardchat frreerolls is the game is trust worthy. There is no doubt that there is a big difference playing at an ACR Tournament at any level compared to the cc tournaments.