Rabbit Cams are wrong - Random Card Generator

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no no no, the cards are shuffled after the flop, and the turn non stop over and over and over, non stop shuffling on the merge networks like carbon, so i was told

other sites dont have a rabbit cam, or most dont

You were told wrong, once that cards are delt the shuffeling stops

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you move your cursor for 40 hands straight YES, you will most likley see a winning hand. However, if you dont move the cursor and see 40 hands in a row, you will have the same chance of seeing a winning hand. Your cursor has no effect on what cards are delt

LOL You know there may be a kernel of truth to the incredibly foolish idea "if you move your cursor enough you can change your luck".

pokerstars say they use input from the users UI like mouse movements to add extra data to the RNG for the sake of entropy. Pretty genius really...

But "changing your luck" is a fairy lovely concept! I envision some jackass as some other monitor jangling his mouse around going "cmon 7!!! fill my gutshot".

Also at stars once the cards are shuffled the RNG is done till the next hand. No amount of voodoomouse will change the outcome of the hand.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no the cards are random before the flop...meaingin that after the card are dealt the cards in the "deck" are stopped like in a real deck, they are not shuffled constantly lol..

Actually, on FT the cards are in a constant state of shuffle and are dealt 'on demand'. I have the tech support e-mail from Tilt that confirms this if you'd like to see it. Their 'reasoning' is that no one can ever tell what card is coming next from a 'set deck' and entropy to the RNG can and WILL change whatever the next card. Not to any 'specific' card, just not the card it would have been as events affect the next card/s.

OTOH, Stars does set the entire 52 card deck before the first card is dealt. Nothing changes the order of delivery. This is in their website security section at:
PokerStars Software Security - Secure Online Poker

I haven't researched the smaller sites, so cannot comment on how they perform their shuffle and deal.

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, on FT the cards are in a constant state of shuffle and are dealt 'on demand'. I have the tech support e-mail from Tilt that confirms this if you'd like to see it. Their 'reasoning' is that no one can ever tell what card is coming next from a 'set deck' and entropy to the RNG can and WILL change whatever the next card. Not to any 'specific' card, just not the card it would have been as events affect the next card/s.

OTOH, Stars does set the entire 52 card deck before the first card is dealt. Nothing changes the order of delivery. This is in their website security section at:
PokerStars Software Security - Secure Online Poker

I haven't researched the smaller sites, so cannot comment on how they perform their shuffle and deal.

an exception to every rule, but for most sites all cards are "known" as soon as the hole cards are delt

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL You know there may be a kernel of truth to the incredibly foolish idea "if you move your cusor enough you can change your luck".

Pokerstars say they use input from the users UI like mouse movements to add extra data to the RNG for the sake of entropy. Pretty genius really...

But "changing your luck" is a fairy lovely concept! I envision some jackass as some other table jangling his mous around going "cmon 7!!! fill my gutshot".

Also at stars once the cards are shuffled the RNG is done till the next hand. No amount of voodoomouse will change the outcome of th hand.

These discussions would make a lot more sense to many online players if they would take the time to research the 'true RNG' process. In short form, yes, mouse clicks 'can' affect the entropy which is fed to the RNG to create the 'seed' for the next card to be pulled from the old deck to the new deck. Stars does preset the entire 52 card deck, just like a live table dealer does. They don't 'burn' a card though, as there is no need since the top card cannot be 'marked' online.

Here's an abstract from a patent site: "A random number generator includes a first oscillator that provides a first oscillatory signal to a processor, and a second oscillator that provides a signal to a frequency multiplier, which in turn provides a second oscillatory signal to the processor. The relative jitter between the two oscillatory signals contains a calculable amount of entropy that is extracted by the processor to produce a sequence of true random numbers."

Too complicated to worry about? Consider that True RNG's are used in government and 'big' business cryptography systems for creating unbreakable code.

T

ttwarrior1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to be an ass again, but you are inaccurate, the cards are also shuffled after the flop and after the turn and non stop and i have the carbon email from support to proove it.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to be an ass again, but you are inaccurate, the cards are also shuffled after the flop and after the turn and non stop and i have the carbon email from support to proove it.

poker stars does not. If anyone really wants to know, check out the site for yourself or e-mail their support.

FWIW, I have it on good authoruty that if you wait 4.345 seconds when it is your turn to bet at Full Tilt, an Ace will appear on the board.

T

ttwarrior1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know nothing of rabbit cams at pokerstars or what they use, i only use what is there to be used. What do you mean about the 4.345 at fulltilt and what if your over or under that by .10 of a second.