Question regarding PT3/HEM and Heads up displays

D

DamianDelPiero

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear members of Cardschat,

Without getting into too much detail, I've managed to turn a 5 dollar roll into over 400 dollars with most of my significant wins coming through low buy in MTTs and 10NL full ring. I've lurked these forums for quite some time, picking up bits and pieces and self educating myself. However I usually always play by my gut, not really utilizing multi level thinking past the 2nd level. It seems to work out well for the most part, but I know there are holes in my game I need to patch up. I am fairly clueless how to use PT3 and other programs designed for poker players. Any links to threads or other tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/pokertracker-reference-thread-99765/

Read up on all that, plus there are several other threads (that I'm too lazy to search for) that will also help.

Getting used to the stats will take some time. Read the hand analysis threads, familiarize yourself with how we all talk about how we use the stats, and it'll come to you. Don't let it overwhelm you - there are a ton of stats to learn about, but just take it one step at a time starting with the simple ones (vpip/pf/aggression/cbet stats/wtsd, etc)

D

DamianDelPiero

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without exuding too much flattery, your micro ring guide was a real gem. I'm going to get to work on the links in that thread tonight, thanks ChuckTs.

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very welcome sir, glad it helped.