Question about bbs

houch

houch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the purpose of the different denomination bbs ?(20-50,40-100,100-250) How does it benefit the players?

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure I understand your question. bbs? Big Blinds? What are those numbers?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah those numbers on the cash tables represent the minimum and maximum buy ins for that table. So for 40-100 means 40BB minimum to 100 BB maximum, or for a .50/1.00 table minimum buy in is $40 max is $100.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me alaborate. The lower the Big Blind limit (in this case 25-50) there is less play pre flop. It is much easier to get, for example 25 big blinds in pre flop than it is 100BBs pre flop. Thus, if you feel your ability is better pre flop, in that you play minimal hands and are happy when you double through with big cards and fold most smaller cards 25/50 BBs is your game. If you are better with intricate pre flop play and 3 bet based on position and player and pull off 3 bets with ease then 100/250 BBs is your game because you can make better plays post flop and with this much at stake, this where you will thrive. This is the same at Full Tilt, Short stack, look forthe yellowe short stack logo for regular, 40-100 BBs look for nothing, for higher deep stack look for the blue deep stack logo.

B

bgarric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still not sure I understand JohnBoy.

So the lower the numbers, the more this favors players who are very conservative pre-flop, and the opposite for higher numbers? I thought these numbers were just the denomination of the blinds? Obviously I have some reading up to do on poker strategy....