Putting the villain on a range

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of all aspects of online poker, this is probably the one that I find the most difficult to grasp. I'll give an example to illustrate my point. The figures / hands are not real, I've invented them to make the point.

50c / $1 fixed limit
PT stats of villain - Hands 234 VP$IP 19.2 PFR 3.2 AF 1.0
Flop Th 7c 6d
My hand Ad Tc

I bet on the flop (UTG +3) villain raises (UTG +4) everyone else folds. In view of villain's low aggression factor, I'm figuring that he's hit something, so I need to put him on a range. He doesn't raise much preflop, so I can probably only rule out AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs and AK. Calling range (based on the flop and villain's AF) is probably AT, KT, QT, JT, 98s 87s 76s, TT, 77 or 66. If my assumptions are correct, he's (probably) got me beaten on 5 of his possible hands, one shared and 4 losers. My inclination in this situation would be to go passive (not something I like to make a habit of) and check / call out (unless I hit A or T on turn or river) the rest of the hand.

In this hypothetical situation, what hands would you have put the villain on, and how would you play my hand?

Cheers

Boltneck

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We can't do anything with your example without the preflop action. That's a huge part in defining our opponent's range.

I also think it would be much easier doing a NL example since it's a lot easier to define your opponent's hand. Too many people do too many weird things in small stakes FL to pin them on an accurate range.