PT Omaha quiz: guess my profit/loss based on stats

G

GabryRox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone, I’ve been using Poker Tracker Omaha (PTO) along with Poker Ace HUD (PAHUD) for about the last 10 days while playing on Poker Stars. I wanted to try a little experiment here and see how close you guys could come to estimating my net winnings/losses at the 2 levels I play, based on some of my PTO stats.

First, a bit about my game and general strategies that I adhere to… I am playing limit ring games… Omaha Hi-Lo… $.25/.$50 & $.50/$1.00 tables. I try to exclusively play the best starting hands for O8 (A2A3, A234, A23x, A2xx, A34x, AAxx, AKQJ, etc). The one exception would be when I am in the BB or occasionally protected my SB... in these cases I may sometimes play marginal hands, but never play complete crap hands like Q985, JJ65, etc. I generally employ a calling strategy with decent hands like A2xx(us) and raise with top ones like A23x (at least Ace suited with 1 other card). If playing a hand like x23x, I will almost always fold if an Ace doesn’t come on the flop. If going for low and 2 lows come on the flop, I usually play it aggressively. I have also stopped (in most cases) chasing unrealistic draws… like flopping 2 pair and hoping to hit a boat (4-outer) by the river. I did this a lot early on and lost my a$$ in most cases. As far as table choice goes, I always look for ones with the highest possible “see the flop” %... usually shoot for 50% and above when possible.

OK… now to the stats (all ring games, usually full with 10 players):

1,953 hands of $.25/.$50 – VP$IP = 21.81%, PFR = 1.33%, TAF = 1.05, Went to SD = 34.09%, Won $ at SD = 59.81%

2,480 hands of $.50/$1.00 - VP$IP = 18.83%, PFR = .69%, TAF = .99, Went to SD = 31.92%, Won $ at SD = 59.82%

Also, if you could provide the reasoning behind your estimates, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!