Protect eyes after playing poker?

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember that pokerstars had in their vip store glasses like that, don't know if still have it. It's good, because after a couple of hours in front of computer, my eyes are very dry.

I remembered that too,
first thing I thought of when I saw gunnar glasses mentioned in this thread was I remember laughing at some overpriced unknown brand sunglasses in the vip store.

Wish I had known what they really were before.
Too late now as they are no longer in the store.

In fact as I was looking for them just now I noticed the store is stocking far less items altogether now.

Does it matter now on LCD monitors as they don't radiate like cathode ray tubes?

I put f.lux on ubuntu on laptop with gui applet.
came to conclusion I would rather have night time display during day, (worst part is when it gets brighter in the early hours of the morning).
Perhaps I should just turn the brightness down permanently.

D

DrStrange

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my eyes hurt too.. sometimes it's uncontrollable.. I usually have to extend that 5 minute break to 10 minutes before returning to PC.. i usually just wash my eyes and rest them for a while before getting back..

the thing is not to stress your eyes too much.. your health isn't worth risking over these freerolls or even those small stakes tournaments.. (Well if it's the wsop or 215$ Sunday Million and the bubble is about to pop.. then screw the health just focus on winning!)

den4uk1990

den4uk1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Played almost all the time through the tablet, neck flows so then still hurts half day, and from her head. Take care of health, do it more often charge as the body and separately eyes during a break ))

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ruta Graveolens is a good homeopathic remedy for eyestrain.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
google f.lux for some free software that will make your monitor take it easy on your eyes.

Just installed this.
Not that I obviously suffer, but I may suffer without knowing it, meaning maybe now I may be getting tired to early.
Have to find out if it is to my advantage, but thanks for mentioning it anyway....much appreciated.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Highlights told me you have to use anti-reflective lenses break .. and use lubricating drops for the eyes.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your eyes get dry because you blink less when concentrating on a task. Artificial tears and blinking more intentionally should help.

pokertroll

pokertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play online poker 8 hours a day but after Black Friday I barely play 8 hours a week.
If you adjust the contrast on monitor it might ease eye strain.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just downloaded that f.lux thing, I hope I will get use to it quickly. Thanks for tip. Its good cause you can disable it in any moment. Very helpful cause I do some video editing at night sometimes when I need real colors :)

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look away of your PC screen once in a while, or relax and dont watch tv or your PC screen for a while. Your eyes get some rest while not looking at a PC screen or tv etc.:)

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could always fall asleep between hands and wake up to the beeping noise to take your turn. lol Been there done that before lol

C

canh0las

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My doctor told me to use Thealoz for dry eyes, and it helps a little bit .

I

IamTheGrinch

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My eyes hurt every day. I had no idea it was so common. Great suggestions! Thanks.